thanks for the explanation
by jt (2019-03-10 14:39:46)

In reply to: I follow Gabe Feldman among others for NCAA legal stuff.  posted by No Right Turn on Red

I appreciate that this might be seen as a victory for the NCAA; most of the stuff I have read on it seems to suggest that the anti-trust stuff is going to get them in the end, but this is obviously not my area of expertise. There seemed to be some stuff related to laptops/electronics that I had read in a different article but perhaps I am not recalling that correctly.

At the end of the day I just keep coming back to the idea that the NCAA is just trying to keep hold of this so hard and it doesn't appear that the judges are really on their side, even if they gain small "victories" here and there they seem destined to lose the war. A smart plan (I would think) would be to establish something for image and likeness that they can monitor and cut their losses. I worry that by being so stubborn about the whole thing they are going to end up killing the golden goose and many schools will end up dropping football.

Replies: