2019 predicted over/under win totals from betonline.ag
by EFH4ND (2019-03-11 14:56:05)

ND comes in at 9.5 predicted regular season wins; becoming an annual pre-season figure. With expected losses at Georgia and Michigan, the rubber match is at Stanford, where ND has failed to win since 2007 - a streak that must end.

Others (Regular season only; conference championships and bowl games not included)
Alabama 11
Clemson 11
Georgia 10½
Oklahoma 10½
Ohio St 10
UCF 10
Washington 10
Michigan 9½
Notre Dame 9½
Oregon 9½
Texas 9½
Florida 9
LSU 9
Boise 8.5
Miami 8½
Penn St 8½
USC 8½
Utah 8.5
Wash St 8½
Wisconsin 8½
Auburn 8
Miss St 8
Nebraska 8
Texas A&M 7½
Tennessee 7

Why is A&M picked so low?
by tdiddy07  (2019-03-13 13:45:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Year two in a regime that just went 9-4 in year one after 7-6, 8-5 runs. They play a tough schedule at Clemson and against Georgia in the cross-over. But I'd think the regime change would set up for at least an 8.5 O/U.

The over on that jumps out to me.

They're basically starting with 3 losses.
by PeteatND  (2019-03-18 19:15:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They play at Clemson, at Georgia, and at home against Alabama. At the end of the year, they might've played the number 1, 2 and 3 teams in the country. On top of that, they have to play at LSU, and at home against Auburn and Mississippi State.

So, to get to the "over" of 8 wins, they need to win at least 2 of those middle-tier games, and go clean against the bottom 6 teams on their schedule - which still includes a home game against South Carolina and a road game at Ole Miss.

Arguably the most brutal schedule I've ever seen.

The annual pre-season figure used to be 8.5, I'd argue.
by PeteatND  (2019-03-11 17:11:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From the Davie years through Kelly 1.0, that seemed to be the perpetual number. Now we're at 9.5.

Discernible progress.

I agree...we used to do the hypothetical "bet your mortgage"
by ndgenius  (2019-03-13 11:29:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on number of wins with our college buddies and it was usually 8 or 9. Now if we still did it, I would concur with the betting houses that we'd probably be 9 or 10.

Most will poo poo that but I think that's a big deal. That means you're a Top 10-15 team at least year to year and you're a transformational QB away from the playoff. I know everyone wants to win a national championship every year but I'm happy with being good every year and great once every 5-7 years. You do that and the 5-7 years will shrink to 3-4 really quick.

Is that how you say "Kelly 2.0" in Spanish?
by captaineclectic  (2019-03-11 15:49:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nuevequatro?