Some notes after reading many practice reports
by SEE (2019-03-24 12:39:19)
Edited on 2019-03-24 13:33:12

There is NO QB controversy, I repeat NO QB controversy (everyone seems to say that.) Jurkovec is apparently oozing talent but is still inconsistent. He throws a great deep ball. I sense a little disappointment with Book.

WR has potential, but a ton of question marks. The good news is that Keys, Lenzy and Austin are starting to show their speed and talent. Lenzy and Keys are getting the most early plaudits for big play ability.

Tony Jones, Jafar Armstrong look good early. Jones is running tougher with lower pad level. Jahmir Smith isn’t flashy, but has quick feet (Me: Theo).

High hopes for Kmet.

Just a few practices, but the OL is set with Patterson at center. Lugg looks to be the 6th guy. No reason, sans coaching, they shouldn’t be great. Who are are the backup tackles? Banks subbed for Liam and Lugg moved to Banksy’s spot on Saturday. Lugg and Banks are huge, btw. No news in Kraemer, which I’ll take as a positive.

DT remains a worry. The interior has had a hard time holding up.

DE is as talented and deep as ND has had in years. The big surprise is Ovie at drop. Kelly compared him to a young Okwara.

Surprised to see the staff focusing on JOK and Paul Maola (sp?) at Rover. Both can rush the passer and drop in coverage, but are small.

That means ND will have a lot of bodies at Buck and Mike. Lamb, Genmark-Heath and Simon have the most potential, but they’re all Bucks. Who’s going to be the Mike? Im starting to think Simon might be the guy (guess). Based upon potential I say Lamb (buck), Simon (Mike) and JOK (Rover) could form an excellent corps down the road.

There’s only one secondary spot up for grabs and it looks like Griffith’s to lose. Bracy has played well but can get out muscled. Good news is that Davis has the athleticism for the spot but is green and getting beat.

Replies: