Cornerback Noah Boykin is entering the transfer portal. Dang *
by Marine Domer (2019-04-18 11:52:49)

This user did not provide content for this post

I'd watch U. of Md.
by D8NDomer  (2019-04-18 18:41:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They just convinced a kid from J.Serra HS in CA to commit to them. Now the kid isn't top shelf, but that school is a pipeline to U$C. The new coach, from Ala., has reputation to be rather ruthless.

just sayin.

I can't for the life of me figure why MD hired Locksley.
by VaDblDmr  (2019-04-18 23:29:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That has probation dumpster fire written all over it.

Especially when the Twerps are trying to resurrect their rep
by Acrossdmiddle  (2019-04-19 22:00:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It makes no sense to hire someone known for playing it fast and loose on the recruiting trail. On top of that, his record as a head coach is abominable. They may end up being Rutgers’ only Big-10 win by the end of Locksley’s tenure in College Park.

Probation?
by captaineclectic  (2019-04-19 08:45:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More like the death penalty. I’m pretty sure killing the king’s deer is a capital offense.

I'm waiting for the first fistfight with an assistant
by Groundhog  (2019-04-18 23:37:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They hired him almost purely due to his "recruiting" abilities.

And a habit of getting busted by the NCAA. *
by rkellyatrecess  (2019-04-18 19:28:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bingo *
by D8NDomer  (2019-04-18 20:25:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anyone want a free Xbox? *
by goirish89  (2019-04-18 22:30:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

putting on tin-foil hat. Roster management? *
by 84david  (2019-04-18 16:08:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Grade$ * *
by ACross  (2019-04-18 17:15:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The transfer portal
by sprack  (2019-04-18 14:59:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Atleast it’s not the Cone of Silence *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-04-21 14:22:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have you ever seen the Portable Cone of Silence® ?
by sprack  (2019-04-23 11:26:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Overall talent and depth at CB is sub-par
by Hanratty5ND  (2019-04-18 14:30:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least if playoffs and a national title is still the yearly goal for ND.
It is not close to being good enough, to be blunt.

Pride is the exception to the talent problem at CB.
Griffith is a safety playing out of position.
I would expect he will move to S next year after Gilman and Elliott depart.
Bracy has some cover skills, but is undersized.
I'm a bit surprised Joe Wilkins was moved so quick from CB to WR as a Freshman. He has the size/speed for CB. Unless he is not quick enough?
And WR seems to have a supposed glut of talent now.

ND needs 1 or both of the FR CB's(Rutherford and Wallace) to be a hit instead of a bust.

And they also need to pull in some high end talent in the 2020 class.
Early indications seem to suggest they are struggling at that spot.
The kid from the Los Angeles area is a must get.

ND traditionally has a tough time recruiting CB with sustained success.
Same with DE. ND seems to have solved their DE recruiting issues and now can go a legit 2-3 deep. They need the same effort/approach when it comes to CB recruiting.

It hurt to lose Jalen Kimber to Georgia in the current cycle
by Jvan  (2019-04-18 15:26:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And RJ Mickens to Clemson.

Jalen Kimber to UGA hurt Texas as well..
by TWO  (2019-04-18 17:01:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they thought they had a better shot than ND.

Both Kimber and Mickens are from Texas
by Jvan  (2019-04-18 17:21:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Darius Snow selected Michigan State. Those losses don't bode well for the Longhorns.

We're still trying to land Ryan Watts. Although Clark Phillips from California is a bigger prize, we need more bodies at corner and the herd is thinning.

How do transfers affect a school's graduation rate? *
by HereComesTheSun  (2019-04-18 14:09:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The do not impact the APR or the GSR
by fontoknow  (2019-04-18 14:15:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as long as the student leaves in good standing.

They do have an effect on grad rates both for the school and for the NCAA's team graduation rate.

It happens
by Vairish84  (2019-04-18 13:17:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He wasn't discussed anywhere. Even with the injuries to Vaughn and Crawford, his name didn't come up.

I would have liked to see what he could do, but the coaches did. Maybe he was impatient, maybe he knew.

It gets us down to 86, including Bertrand and Liufau (sp?). I think they want the kicker too.

We could have used Watkins/Butler last December *
by athlete37  (2019-04-18 12:03:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post