Tyree is IRISH!!!! Focus on L'Ville *
by ndharvey (2019-05-23 15:17:58)

This user did not provide content for this post

I'll be at the Louisville game *
by discNDav  (2019-05-24 07:41:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Highlights
by RJD  (2019-05-23 17:52:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Rocket II *
by The Flash  (2019-05-24 12:00:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Return of the Rocket! It would be nice! *
by Dillon76  (2019-05-27 14:12:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great highlights but can he pass block *
by SUBWAYALUM69  (2019-05-23 21:06:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More moves than ex lax
by RJD  (2019-05-23 21:17:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tp quote the Pointer Sisters:

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

There was one sweet bad ass lead block in the open field.

It's a Mad Real World, Harv! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-23 17:14:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Irish currently up to #6 in the 247 composit 2020 rankings.
by bleedsgreen04  (2019-05-23 16:12:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They also have fewer recruits than anyone ahead of them (minus UGA), if they land McGregor tomorrow that'd be another top 100 recruit and it might be enough of a boost to climb another spot or two.

I'm glad to see they're not just filling up the class with 3* guys early again, for once. While there are a few tough games on the schedule next year, it is overall one of the easiest schedules I can remember, Kelly better take full advantage of the cushy record that should follow from that...

You think our schedule is easy?
by mocopdx  (2019-05-23 16:27:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two top ten teams on the road. Stanford on the road. Virginia Tech and USC could be ranked this year. BC, Navy, and Virginia can all be a pain in the ass even for good teams. Sure we have a couple absolute shit games in Bowling Green and New Mexico, but this looks like a pretty tough schedule to me. I've seen a couple preseason rags have it ranked in the top 20 hardest schedules in the country.

Yes, there's no excuse whatsoever for losing a home game.
by bleedsgreen04  (2019-05-23 17:50:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While I don't put as much stock in S&P as many (it's a far, far cry from KenPom), it's not a bad starting point (follow my link) when making 2019 projections.

I don't buy Michigan as being that much better than the Irish, IMO that game is a toss up at worst. UGA will be a very, very tough game, perhaps the most impressive win of BK's tenure if he is able to pull it off. Both of those games being on the road will make them impressive wins indeed, I'm convinced BK's ceiling is 1-1 there, barring a surprising down year from UGA.

After that you have a sharp decline... USC and Virginia Tech both come in a full 17 and 18 spots lower than the Irish, respectively, and the Irish get them both at home.

I haven't been that impressed with VT's coach so far, and while JT Daniels and the youngest St. Brown could pose a threat, I think there's a distinct possibility USC will be coming to South Bend with an interim head coach.

Stanford is the next toughest at 20 pegs below the Irish, and while I think their QB is also pretty good, their offensive line will not be great (similar to USC,)and they'll also have to replace Bryce Love and Arcega Whiteside and their recruiting took a bit of a nosedive for a few years there. I would hope that BK has that game circled about 5 times on his calendar, the Stanford-on-the-road monkey is the largest one remaining on his back outside of a big bowl/playoff win.

Virginia is the only other team even remaining in the top 50 after that... while I don't put a BK surprise stinker out of the realm of possibility, we should also demand that this staff beat the crap out of 8-9 teams on this schedule considering this is the most stable QB situation Kelly has had in years, the offensive line only lost 1 player from the end of the season to now, it will be Clark Lea's 3rd year in the system and 2nd as DC, etc.

Navy has not been competent for a while now, and you'll notice them near the bottom of the list. They've basically traded places with Army over the last few years. Nea-Amintillado has surely bought himself some leeway, but I wonder if that will start to wear thin with another poor showing this year. If they give the Irish a tough game a week after Duke we've already had a terrible season by that point.

Who cares about the putrid home games?
by pmac98  (2019-05-24 09:48:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly can't beat Stanford out west in front of that raucous crowd.

UGa and UM will stomp on us.

9-3 and the Weed Eater Bowl, here we come...

If that happens we should riot.
by bleedsgreen04  (2019-05-24 10:24:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice one on the "raucous crowd" comment, haha. I could see UGA stomping the Irish, but there's no way in hell Michigan will. Could I see Kelly floundering a huge lead or otherwise stepping on his junk in that game? Absolutely.

This is the year the Irish will get a win in Stanford, mark it down. Kind of sad that needs saying, but there it is... Stanford will be a 7-5 team this year, losing out there would be a firing offense with the momentum Kelly has right now.

My point about the home games is that they are all gimmies.

I agree with you re the home games
by pmac98  (2019-05-24 13:23:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure if we should win by anything fewer than 11 across the board.

Lance Taylor hire is paying dividends early
by Hanratty5ND  (2019-05-23 15:25:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Awesome job.

Can't wait to see Tyree in action.

Credit where it's due
by gordonbombay  (2019-05-23 21:43:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Supposedly Kelly has been in on Tyree since well before we hired Taylor.

Still, it can't have hurt.

Huge get for the Irish, presuming he signs, of course.

Long as well.
by BigNDfan  (2019-05-24 08:13:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Long essentially took over his recruitment.