Does Tyree's commitment impact McGregor's decision?
by austindomer (2019-05-24 12:22:49)

What's the board's view on big-time commitments affecting the commitments of others?

I know Tyree and McGregor play on opposite sides of the ball, but I believe landing the top RB in the country, on top of several top defensive players, creates a sense of momentum behind the program.

We're sitting on the #6 class in the country. Now that a few months have passed and the sting of the Cotton Bowl has attenuated, coaches can once again talk openly about an undefeated regular season and how Notre Dame is bringing in the talent to get over that final hump. Top recruits want to play with other top recruits and Michigan, our biggest rival for McGregor's services, is at #18.

I don't think the Tyree commitment will be the deciding factor. But if there was any wavering between ND and Michigan, I think ND, basking in the glow of pulling in a top recruit and already sitting on a wealth of defensive talent, will look even more attractive.

Only sausage stuffers and dentitsts should verb impact. *
by OGerry  (2019-05-24 15:27:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No impact...
by BigNDfan  (2019-05-24 12:57:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it can impact kid's undecided. McGregor already had this day planned. He's already chosen a school, just waiting to announce.

OK, good to know.
by austindomer  (2019-05-24 13:00:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was hoping the Tyree commitment might push McGregor over the edge, but if he's known for a while then you're probably right.

ND could still land him...
by BigNDfan  (2019-05-24 13:11:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's rare nowadays, but somehow he's been able to keep things quiet. He hasn't told either coaching staff what he's doing.

Totally unrelated *
by fbirish  (2019-05-24 12:39:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Disagree. Elite commit’s beget elite commit’s *
by sayitoutloud  (2019-05-24 12:52:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not in this case *
by fbirish  (2019-05-24 13:32:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He wasn't waiting until Thursday to decide...
by BigNDfan  (2019-05-24 12:55:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

McGregor would have known where he was going when he announced the date.

So yes, unrelated.