ND @ Texas A&M on Aug. 31, 2024: "Beer me"
by G.K.Chesterton (2019-06-13 13:20:31)
Edited on 2019-06-13 13:21:10

That could end up being a hot August night.

Thursday, Texas A&M became the first school in the [SEC] conference to take advantage of the new league policy by announcing that the university is expanding the availability for the purchase of beer and wine to the general public at Kyle Field starting this fall.

Specifically, the school confirmed that, “[b]eginning this fall, a variety of domestic and imported beer and a selection of wine will be available for purchase to the general public until the end of the third quarter.”

“This is another way we are enhancing the amenities at Kyle Field,” interim A&M athletic director R.C. Slocum said in a statement. “We are extending the availability of alcohol beyond the premium areas which have had this option for many years. Fans, 21 and older, will have the option to purchase alcohol, regardless of seating area.”

If we’re lucky
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-06-15 23:53:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It will be at night. CBS could decide to televise the game in the afternoon.

I gave up on
by 2shedsjackson  (2019-06-15 13:40:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

getting booze at stadiums a long time ago. If they sell it the lines are long. Sneaking it in or bingeing is risky. I adopted a method of chia seed hydration used by South American natives. About a half hour before game time i put chia seeds,booze,energy drink and some ice in a large jar. This must be continually shaken for at least 20 minutes. The chia seeds will swell up as they absorb the liquid. I chug this down right before entering the stadium. The seeds will slowly release the beverage into your system throughout the course of the game and even beyond. You can use whatever ingredients you like. My favorite is Night Train Express with diet Red Bull. The ice is needed because bum wines and Red Bull must be consumed ice cold or they taste nasty. This method has never failed to keep me lit during a whole game and is much cheaper than buying booze at stadium prices.

Why isn't Night Train Express the Crazy Train Express? *
by Beaknd  (2019-08-27 22:11:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Love the handle
by ADMIRALDEWEYLARRYJR  (2019-08-27 18:09:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is that Arthur "2 Sheds Jackson" ? (of Monty Python renown)

I love you *
by Patrick Bateman  (2019-06-20 12:12:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Impressive research *
by Drmurray  (2019-06-17 08:25:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just slow clapped a standing O to this post.
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-06-16 21:44:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am alone. And I am laughing until my cheeks hurt.

[Highlight poster] *
by RallyingSon  (2019-06-16 12:23:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have you tried buttchuggimg these?
by airborneirish  (2019-06-16 11:27:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps Ben wa ball varietal?

Not sure I’ve ever seen someone rocket to legendary great-
by 1NDGal  (2019-06-15 22:42:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ness like this.

Let’s be friends *
by IrishLep  (2019-06-15 21:05:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This post doesn't deserve to be buried in the summer. *
by irishaddict  (2019-06-15 17:17:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It will be on the 1st page for days since it's so slow *
by TCIrish03  (2019-06-15 20:46:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's borderline HOF
by garbageplate  (2019-06-15 21:03:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My favorite part is the two generic references to "booze" before eventually revealing that said booze is, in fact, Night Train Express.

The only way it could have been better
by TCIrish03  (2019-06-18 15:38:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is if he substituted original-formula (i.e., ephedra) Ripped Fuel for the Red Bull.

This post is so awesome *
by garbageplate  (2019-06-15 15:48:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I got a full bottle of wine into Jerry World *
by Jvan  (2019-06-15 15:20:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did you use a BeerBelly or WineRack? (link)
by hibernianangst  (2019-06-15 17:07:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No body cavity search? *
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-06-15 15:55:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Works better via high colonic. *
by Cash  (2019-06-15 14:43:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This can't be real, can it? *
by Dan93  (2019-06-15 14:25:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh, it's real. And it's spectacular *
by ndzippy  (2019-06-16 18:13:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let’s get gay married. *
by Bruno95  (2019-06-15 13:56:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am curious to see how it plays out
by closesttodome  (2019-06-14 12:50:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are people going to keep binge drinking at tailgates (ok i know they will, but will it be to the same extent) now that they can grab beer inside?

Will it change the first quarter crowds because people won't be hanging around the parking lots trying to get one last drink in before kickoff?

Will more or less people end up in the drunk tank in the 2nd half due to over consumption?

i don't know why, but i just find it all mildly interesting

SEC fan base & alcohol. What could possibly go wrong? *
by hibernianangst  (2019-06-13 14:41:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it’s going to hurt their home field advantage
by DakotaDomer  (2019-06-13 21:10:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As the fans spend 1/2 the game waiting in line for more beer.

Or waiting in line at the men's room. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-06-13 21:13:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You really think they are going to use the men's room?
by domer4  (2019-06-14 11:47:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any corner of the concourse/staircase will do.

A&M fans are much classier than that. . . . (link)
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-06-14 12:54:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post