I was disappointed too
by quasimodo (2019-07-10 13:05:11)

In reply to: A shame that ND let Ohio St. get Cody Simon at LB  posted by Hickster

I liked this kid from all I heard and one needs a good relationship with top schools. But it seems it was ND's decision to pass on LB altogether this year.

We have a lot of young talent recruited by our DC over the last 2 cycles that seems to be leading to a logjam in the coming years.

But I think the thing is the numbers are limited to 85 and BK got a little scared this year that we were not going to make it.

To the extent of one of our highest ranked DL get put on medical scholarship possibly to get to the limit.

The biggest issue this year seems to be CB where we have taken a lot 3* athletes. Safety could be a problem but we've recruited very well there over the last 2 cycles so perhaps we'll not take one this year if we can't get a top guy.

They also be saving spots for the next class. We've already got a few really good commits for that class based on our results last year. Perhaps they think they can finally get over the 11-15 recruiting ranking hump next year.

Q