This class has 1, I repeat, 1 5 star player.
by bleedsgreen04 (2019-07-10 19:03:12)

In reply to: Number of 3 star recruits per 247 Top 10.  posted by goldhelmethead

I think it's very likely that only one player from the group you mentioned will become a consensus 5 star player, so that bumps the Irish up to 2... if Kelly can get a couple of 5 star kids in every class, well it's certainly an improvement over last year where he didn't have a single consensus 5 star guy on the roster, but it's damn sure well behind of where the Irish need to be if they are going to win championships. That was the big difference between Clemson and the Irish last year, ND actually had more 4 star players, but Clemson always landed at least a couple of 5 star players in each of those classes, adding up to 8-9 more 5 star guys than the Irish... hence why Kelly got outgunned in that game pretty hard.

And while Kelly seems to (finally) be improving on that front, the chasm between Clemson, Alabama, UGA, etc., and the Irish seems to be growing further. It's good that Notre Dame is improving, don't get me wrong. It's just shameful that it's taken Kelly 10 years to come around to this point, this is where the Irish should have been (and where Clemson actually was) around 2013-2014, not 5-6 years after that...

Replies: