OLBs have pass coverage responsibilities - he was 1 of Top 2
by Hickster (2019-07-14 11:58:17)
Edited on 2019-07-14 12:01:50

In reply to: I'm fine passing on him.  posted by BigNDfan

OLB at the opening for pass coverage, which only brought in the top talent. I suspect his run stopping capabilities are more than adequate. His quickness and speed are important assets when dealing with run defense.

His frame at 218 can easily take on 10+ pounds of good weight and still have the ability to improve his quickness and speed.

Your comment makes it sound like he was an undersized LB - a DB type who got on the 1st team because he was playing out of position.

The team has nothing but unproven LBs on the team, and they took a pass on LB this year. They let OSU into St. Peter’s and I bet it will hurt their future recruiting in NJ. IMO this was not only a short term mistake, but strategically a long term mistake at St. Peter’s and NJ. St Peter’s 2021 4-star DT is a heavy ND lean, but Cody Simon has a whole year to potentially change that situation.

By the way in the 2020 recruiting class, NJ has more 4+ Star Recruits (247 Composite rankings - 9 4-Star Recruits), than any other State North of the Mason Dixon Line). PA only has 2 and OH has 5. California does not count because the Mason Dixon line crosses CA North of the Bay Area

The Top state South of NJ is Maryland with 13 4+ Stars (9 from Catholic Schools and 7 of those from St. Francis and 2 from DeMatha. DC has 4 4+ Stars all from Catholic schools. So, 13 4+ Stars from Catholic Schools in the MD/DC area for 2020, and ND will not land any.

P.S. edit due to change auto correct on my iPad.