Which win would you rather have in 2019 - UGA or Michigan?
by mocopdx (2019-07-16 13:47:58)
Edited on 2019-07-16 13:48:12

(Admittedly stolen from an ISD board)

Let's say ND can only win one this year. I think it's an interesting question. On one hand, a road win against an elite SEC school would do wonders for our perception as a program, and could do big things for recruiting.

On the other hand, fuck Michigan.

Skunk Bears *
by rgvirish  (2019-07-17 21:14:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Georgia.
by Wooderson  (2019-07-17 20:40:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We need to be able to show we can beat the SEC on their turf.

Also, we could lose to scUM after that and get in the playoffs at 11-1.

Michigan.
by coachbob  (2019-07-17 13:30:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll be at UGA and not UM so... *
by discNDav  (2019-07-17 12:04:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Michigan...not even debatable for me. *
by irishrock  (2019-07-17 11:39:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Louisville.....FOCUS....Go IRISH!!!! *
by ND Harvey  (2019-07-17 10:09:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Correct Harvey. Better focus. No mistakes. Cards are ready.
by ProV1x  (2019-07-17 14:32:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A damn tough away opener for the Irish.

With big pointy teeth! *
by Irish Tool  (2019-07-17 21:02:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pointy beak. Cardinals (birds) can beak you to death! *
by ProV1x  (2019-07-18 07:22:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Michigan
by VT2ND  (2019-07-17 08:50:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Later game in the season, and, well, f-em.

Whichever is later matters more. So Michigan. *
by rfk  (2019-07-17 08:31:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is this a trick question?
by Camarillo Brillo  (2019-07-17 07:54:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Michigan of course.

Do you realize (I'm sure you do) that a Brian Kelly coached team has not beaten Michigan at Ann Arbor?

Same with Stanford...every game at Palo Alto under Kelly the Irish have lost.

Gotta change that.

Michigan sucks.

Michigan
by acrossdmiddle  (2019-07-17 06:56:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While beating UGA would give us more street cred down South (and possibly nationally), losing to UGA wouldn’t ruin our season whereas losing to UM likely would because they will inevitably blow another game or two down the stretch. Of course, neither option would matter if we lost another game as well.

Michigan *
by Groundhog  (2019-07-16 23:29:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Michigan
by T_Allen  (2019-07-16 23:07:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll likely be at the Georgia game, but there is still no question here...fuck Michigan.

Michigan *
by Newt  (2019-07-16 20:44:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beat Michigan. Easy choice. All time win pct factor *
by johneye  (2019-07-16 20:20:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND will win both games. *
by Homeboy73  (2019-07-16 18:51:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You are delusional *
by acrossdmiddle  (2019-07-17 06:56:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Georgia on my dime
by RJD  (2019-07-16 18:00:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We played Michigan State during the Era of Ara so I do not get too hung up on Michigan.

Georgia would be the better win and impress more scribes. Hell, we beat Michigan last year with backups at QB and running back but half the media acted like it didn't count...RJD

1-7 in Ann Arbor.You want to be 1-8 on an indefinite hiatus? *
by domer4  (2019-07-16 17:58:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’d be better to beat Georgia in football
by captaineclectic  (2019-07-16 17:27:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And murder Michigan, bury them facedown at the crosssroads with stakes through their hearts, and pursue their souls to the furthest reaches of damnation in our vengeance and fury.

Meechigan is pond scum. Hang them *
by UpperEastSideIrish  (2019-07-16 17:14:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UGA. UM is a banal cliche.
by The Flash  (2019-07-16 16:15:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Historically we are winless against UGA. We need to reverse this.

Furthermore, ND housed the family of General Sherman on its campus during
the Civil War while General Sherman was advancing across Georgia to the
coast to end the war. They have never forgiven us. I say, we should give
them more reasons not to forgive us, and annihilate them in Rockne's House
as often as we possible can for having opposed the Union.

UGA and it’s not even close
by Irishmitten  (2019-07-16 15:29:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m surprised how many are choosing Michigan here. A road win versus a top two SEC team would do a thousand times more for Notre Dame’s perception nationally than would a win over a traditional Midwest rival.

Florida St, Clemson, Miami... Notre Dame needs a big road win down south, and this is arguably bigger than any of those previous games.

I’m not thirsting for a win over Michigan. I am thirsting for a big win.

Blowout Michigan and Lose to UGA in OT sounds good *
by MR_IRISH  (2019-07-16 15:06:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let's make it a classic 5-OT loss to UGA where we got
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-07-16 18:34:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

jobbed on a bad call.

Bogus illegal pick call in the end zone....
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-07-16 20:21:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on what would’ve been the game winning catch.

Might as well make it a tradition.

A win at Michigan could put ND into playoff consideration.
by rockmcd  (2019-07-16 14:56:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Back to back October wins vs USC and Michigan would be a huge perception boost heading into the first CFP poll, and the early season loss at UGA, if not a blowout, would be firmly placed in the rearview mirror just as it was in 2017.

A loss at Michigan (following hypothetical wins vs Georgia & USC) would be a devastating end to an undefeated season and would become as eternally glorious to their fans as the 1993 loss is to BC fans.

Remember when we expected to win two such games? *
by Wolfetone  (2019-07-16 14:46:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Georgia would be more impressive
by Jvan  (2019-07-16 14:37:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But Michigan is more necessary.

Absolutely losing to UM would trash the UGA win *
by BeatPS 0607  (2019-07-16 17:34:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Absolutely. But I don't want to go a decade
by UpperEastSideIrish  (2019-07-16 17:32:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

being the last loser in the Meechigan series. Some things matter a lot.

That's where I am. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-07-16 17:06:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will take Michigan for $500 Alex. *
by Piertravlr  (2019-07-16 14:01:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You should have taken Famous Jewish Homelands for $20 *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-07-16 15:47:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would likely have blown it. *
by Piertravlr  (2019-07-16 20:07:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We absolutely have to beat Michigan, of course out of moral
by 1NDGal  (2019-07-16 13:51:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

duty but also because a loss to UM will be unforgivable, whereas a loss to Georgia (preseason #3) would be pretty OK.

Won't even credit where people have UM right now. It's a joke, and a bad one at that.