UGA Tailgating
by NDNDNDNDNDNDND (2019-08-20 14:16:46)

Anyone have any knowledge as to the best places to tailgate in Athens? Their site showed a lot of parking garages and lots that weren't open to the public

I’ve been looking/researching. Here is what I know
by inigomontoya  (2019-08-21 05:47:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

-No tailgating in parking decks
-North campus is a hotspot, which is north of stadium, between lumpkin, broad, Jackson, Baldwin ) But I think people dump their tailgate supplies or carry it in to the green space and setup. But a lot of rules, only 5 hours before game, no kegs, no music, no making love, no amplified music.

-If you are up on north campus area you are close to bars on Broad street. So if want to stroll up and see the action up there, that is a plus.

-Lots: they have lots of lots. 35 lots. I think they are all pass lots and season ticket holders get them. I’ve seen them for sale on secondary market and they are pricey. From around $200 to over $500+.

-doesn’t sound like people tailgate in their spot. I think, people tailgate on perimeter of the parking lots.

-I think I’m going to buy one on North side area. 1, 3, 5, or maybe Williams. Someone offered an East Campus 27 for $400.

Looks like they have a cemetery right next to the stadium.
by Carlos Huerta  (2019-08-20 14:44:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very interesting. I would stipulate before buying a plot that my loved ones be able to tailgate on top of me.