Does anyone need a good vomit?
by mocopdx (2019-08-22 11:32:02)
Edited on 2019-08-22 11:35:35

Then go ahead and read Jim Harbaugh's new book. Here is an excerpt:

Makes for a good laugh rather than a good vomit
by HennaOrNo  (2019-08-22 23:27:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I actually think Clemson folks would cite us as a counter-example to this blowhardedness.

ND left off intentionally is my guess. What a howler! * *
by supernd  (2019-08-22 16:42:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

0.5 National Championships since the outbreak of the Korean
by FL_Irish  (2019-08-22 15:20:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...War. Truly the Leaders and Best.

That's only because they didn't have to play Neb in the BCS.
by domer4  (2019-08-22 15:30:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They got to play what was arguably the third best team in the Pac 12 in the Rose Bowl.

The BCS match up of 1 vs. 2 started the following year.

What I always tell USC or Michigan alums.
by rockmcd  (2019-08-22 15:04:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

USC/Michigan is a great school..... Their football players don't go to that school... but it's a great school.

anOSU football players ain't there to play school...
by Wooderson  (2019-08-22 20:30:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hence their 7 game winning streak, and 16 of the last 18.

It’s kind of hard to throw stones at this point
by acrossdmiddle  (2019-08-22 17:50:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We’ve had our fair share of cheating scandals and the like. I think we generally try to do better than those schools, but there are others (like Clemson) who are winning both in the classroom and on the field as well as we are.

I shouldn't have to explain the difference
by rockmcd  (2019-08-23 13:07:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

between a school where cheating by athletes is detected and punished vs. a school where cheating is completely unnecessary.

If you want to hold athletic dept leaders like Kelly and/or Swarbrick accountable for whatever culture led to some players and a student trainer to cheat under their watch, that's certainly fair. But if we're talking about the academic standards that the school/faculty has for its athletes, I view these crimes & punishments as an affirmation of those standards, not an indictment.

The one time Harbaugh was at a loss for words ... (link)
by PattyMulligan  (2019-08-22 14:38:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is this really "competing?"
by akaRonMexico  (2019-08-22 14:04:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When did MGOZUL become the Director of Recruiting at UM?

While revisiting Harbaugh's 2007 comments about Michigan
by domer4  (2019-08-22 11:59:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can googled another article on the Mlive website in 2008 about the infamous "general studies" major that is forced upon most of the Michigan football players.

But don't forget Michigan highly ranked graduate programs in law, medicine, etc....

Funny, Jim Harbaugh also said:
by KnightlyRevue  (2019-08-22 11:58:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Michigan is a good school, and I got a good education there," he said, "but the athletic department has ways to get borderline guys in and, when they're in, they steer them to courses in sports communications."

Harbaugh told the Ann Arbor (Mich.) News, “I would use myself as an example. I came in there, wanted to be a history major, and I was told early on in my freshman year that I shouldn’t be, that it takes too much time, too much reading, that I shouldn’t be a history major and play football.”

Bluebloods indeed....

There's a Det Free Press article on this topic too
by gordonbombay  (2019-08-22 12:54:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dennis Norfleet, who was kicked off the UM football team prior to his senior year, discovered when trying to figure out where to transfer that despite being in school 3 years and accruing a good GPA, that he hadn't come remotely close to being in the neighborhood of actually getting a degree because the school just dumped him into whatever classes they felt like.

This was Hoke's thing, not Harbaugh's, but still, UM has absolutely no ethical ground to stand on when they parade themselves as an elite academic school for athletes.

It’s tough to write a book while wearing a strait jacket *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-08-22 11:53:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hahahahahahahahaha. Whoo boy. Thank you for that. *
by 1NDGal  (2019-08-22 11:52:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is a delusional prick. *
by hibernianangst  (2019-08-22 11:49:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Michigan has not beat a good team since 2006 *
by athlete37  (2019-08-22 11:48:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post