Great weekend in Athens. Fans were very welcoming
by inigomontoya (2019-09-22 12:46:30)

It was overall very genuine, and they rolled out red carpet for visiting Irish.

Tailgating set up was a bit bizarre. The prime spots had hundreds of people standing in the dark staking out turf like an Oklahoma land rush. At 7am people then ran to their nearby vehicles for chairs and tents.

Great seeing the many of you who came by the tailgate!

As far as the game, I was surprised we were still in it at the end, it would have been a glorious win and Athens would have fallen to its knees in disappointment. At least we made them nervous. The sideline routes were predictable and covered. Should have been going 15-20 yards down the middle of the field, there was enough time.

You and your St. Eds crew were fantastic. Thank you!
by otters92  (2019-09-22 14:38:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I did worry a bit about the ages of the younger visitors who were playing flip cup. Luckily ABC never stopped by.

ESPN and CBS (local affiliate) did *
by acrossdmiddle  (2019-09-22 15:32:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everyone was legal. We had an undercover cop checking
by Inigomontoya  (2019-09-22 16:05:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

IDs for anyone borderline. (The guy in the ‘91 Shirt. He may not have looked like it, but he’s a professional.)

He can guess ages and weights—accurate within 6 months and 6 pounds. Worked as a carnie in Eastern Europe for 7 years. No one got the large stuffed animal.

Good times fellas, Lambeau is the next sanctioned event.

The Jameson, Grey Goose, beers, and whoever bought the pizzas (huge) and I know others helped at the grill—and everyone else too, but a bit foggy after 14 hours!), all appreciated!

That guy was certainly a professional
by 93NationalChampions  (2019-09-22 21:22:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My son said “Papa they sure do plan on drinking a lot of beer” shortly after our arrival. No doubt y’all impressed everyone that wandered up or down Lumpkin St.

Thanks for the open invitation
by okbar  (2019-09-22 14:08:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was great meeting you and acrossdmiddle. My group had a great time bouncing through a number of different stops, both for ND and UGA tailgates.

It was also striking how quiet it was leaving the stadium and in the streets after the game, especially in contrast to how loud it was throughout the game. It’s of limited consolation and value, but we did earn a new measure of respect from UGA and their faithful last night.

You definitely won the tailgate - loudest, liveliest, nicest
by wiNDycityfan  (2019-09-22 13:57:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

crowd. Well done.

Kudos to IM and friends, the highlight of my Athens visit
by Stonebreaker42  (2019-09-22 13:46:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perfect high-traffic shaded tailgating spot amongst the beautiful scenery. The challenge of consuming 500+ beers was easily surmounted by the many thirsty Irish faithful that stopped by.

In my old age, the game itself has become a secondary activity to enjoying this pastime thanks to the welcoming nature of inigomontoya & many other of my internet friends like him.

You put on a heck of a tailgate.
by 93NationalChampions  (2019-09-22 13:08:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was a pleasure meeting you and your friends. The UGA people were extremely cordial and welcoming. They all bragged how they were treated up there. The Irish Fest at The Classic Center was a nice break from the heat. The chicken and slaw was ok but ever who signed off on the sweet tea and banana puddin needs to be flogged in a public setting. I wish we could’ve won. We showed up.

Many thanks for your hospitality; best tailgate ever *
by acrossdmiddle  (2019-09-22 12:53:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post