Any thoughts on why we won't even call a deep throw?
by Freight Train (2019-09-22 13:51:39)

I think we all know Book isn't terribly accurate with the deep ball, but it would seem to me we at least need to force the defense to consider the possibility we might get lucky and convert one. We cannot run the ball and our offense is restricted to completing crossing patterns and hoping the receiver can outrun the defenders. That simply won't work against most ranked opponents.

I wish we'd have a competent running game but after 10 years, I've given up on that. I'd settle for taking some deep shots if only to give the crossing receivers some more post-catch real estate.

We do call them
by Jvan  (2019-09-22 14:54:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Book too often panics and checks down rather than risk a deeper throw unless someone is absolutely wide open. It's maddening. People believe our receivers can't get separation but it's not necessarily true.

Does he throw to his left much?
by ProV1x  (2019-09-22 15:38:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had to miss a lot last night but when I was able to watch it seemed like he was mostly looking right.

He did complete one to the left to Keys.
by CAFB4ND  (2019-09-22 17:23:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also the Louisville Dancer broken nose was to the left.

Fake handoffs also underwhelming. *
by Beaknd  (2019-09-22 13:54:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was there, they were fooling nobody. *
by discNDav  (2019-09-22 22:44:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Denson/Kelly running back recruiting shining through ..
by NDinJapan  (2019-09-22 14:23:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND has 4 running backs in Jones/Smith/Flemister/Williams who appear to all run a top end 4.8 forty. None has a second gear or can turn the corner. Thus we see the Air Kelly model with a non NFL level quarterback.

Lee Becton proved that you don't have to be the fastest
by milhouse  (2019-09-22 19:28:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

guy out there as the RB in a good rushing attack -- you just have to be smooth.

I thought Williams was supposed to be fast *
by Camarillo Brillo  (2019-09-22 16:22:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You underestimate their speed
by acrossdmiddle  (2019-09-22 15:39:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of them has to run a 4.6. Shit, I was clocked at a 4.6 in college.

Me, too, in a century when that was still considered fast.
by The Flash  (2019-09-22 18:53:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was, after all, The Flash.

Would you come to ND if you were an elite RB? The HC
by NumberOneMoses  (2019-09-22 14:32:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

doesn’t give a crap about running the ball..

Hint: Neither does the NFL *
by Rosecrea  (2019-09-22 18:48:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For the Notre Dame education, not for the NFL. *
by The Flash  (2019-09-22 14:42:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

star RB’s dont think like that *
by discNDav  (2019-09-22 15:33:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Long long ago in a faraway galaxy, I went to summer school
by The Flash  (2019-09-22 19:00:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

. . . at USC. It was the summer just after OJ had graduated.

I saw him on campus all the time, just hanging out and being cool.

However, I always saw OJ with no fewer than two three-alarm blondes with him
or suspended on his arms.

Did OJ go to USC for the education? Would OJ have come to ND for the education?

LOL

Flash