We're in such a weird time at ND. The respect earned
by cj (2019-09-22 18:48:52)
Edited on 2019-09-22 18:54:11

In reply to: My position on the state of Notre Dame football ...  posted by CJC

comes from that which kelly, jenkins and saucy are trying to distance us from...
Creating new traditions, dispensing with old traditions, attempting to make everyone thrilled with 9-3...sell everything in sight...among other crap... it's a total clusterfu** strategy. Throw in a program that was pulverized by the NCAA, a HC who isn't owed the respect of anyone and you've got today's ND.
Respect what we are today because of guys like Joe Montana's legacy... hmm, how respectful has this program been to him? How many lifelong generational season ticket holders were unceremoniously jettisoned without so much as a thank you for decades of support...
I could go on and on, but respect for this current program needs to be earned. We have great kids and failed leadership...
Peeking over the fence and in and looking at the existing regime please tell me where the respect should come from.

PS after Claypool made the play of the game ND started their drive and Finke got tackled and twisted up a bit. It was very sporting to see #26 offer his hand to pull Finke up. Well done.

Replies: