Did anyone else thinks Jack’s turf looked like sh#t on TV?
by Frank Drebin (2019-10-15 20:19:06)
Edited on 2019-10-15 20:21:03

Think we have the worst looking turf field besides Boise State’s. Guess Jack picked it up at a rug sale at at a Macy’s rug and patio furniture outlet.

Yes, had same thought.
by Brahms  (2019-10-16 20:20:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Guess there goes the "easier to maintain and always looks great" argument.

It looks cheap already -- in that BC kind of way.

Definitely needs a replacement
by UpperEastSideIrish  (2019-10-16 20:01:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also feel like more players are slipping. It’s time to get a 2.0

I was watching on standard def TV
by domerforlife  (2019-10-16 17:44:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at a rented lake house, so yes - looked "bad" to me. My 8yr old said "Dad - what's wrong with the TV? It looks HORRIBLE" I then tousled his hair and told him of our pain many years ago - having to turn knobs and adjust rabbit ears.

My 12-year-old daughter's take on the turf:
by Magnitude  (2019-10-16 17:05:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She went to her first game at ND Stadium last weekend, and we did the tunnel tour on Friday, where you can walk down the tunnel and onto the edge of the field. I don't think I've ever talked about the field turf in front of her, but when we got down there, she said, unprompted, "Ah, the smell of fake turf." Even she realized the ridiculousness of it at Notre Dame.

Did they forget to vacuum?
by RJD  (2019-10-16 13:28:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If the turf looks bad, I change the picture setting to "Game Grass Faux".

Thats why he looked so bad-thought he still had his original
by Domerduck  (2019-10-16 12:00:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hair...didn't know it was a rug.

I think it looks that way always
by oldtownirish  (2019-10-16 09:05:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of all the changes in the program in recent decades, I can't think of one that distresses me more than the installation of fake turf in that hallowed place.

Agreed *
by elcortez01  (2019-10-16 11:16:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How old is it at this point?
by MR_IRISH  (2019-10-16 07:15:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is this the original or 2nd coat of paint?

I said in RR that the field looks like it’s rotting. Like a
by 1NDGal  (2019-10-15 23:22:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

yard down the street after the sewage system got backed up because the kids tried to flush the family pet down the toilet.

It’s those black pellet-things, probably. They accumulate more in some areas or something.

Anyway, yes, I thought it looked terrible on TV.

Yes!
by RoccoRules  (2019-10-15 22:01:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My 13 yr old son commented, “why does the field look like the Super Dome turf?”

P.S. Michigan sucks

looked great in person *
by Sec15Row37Guy  (2019-10-15 20:39:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The refreshing, classic look of plastic and rubber *
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2019-10-15 20:40:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jack got a good deal on that turf
by Jvan  (2019-10-15 20:27:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He even got a scruffy beard made from it for free.

Thought Jack’s beard was a failed pubic hair transplant *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-10-16 06:10:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post