I like his answers. He seems very wise.
by mkovac (2019-10-16 11:54:13)
Edited on 2019-10-16 11:58:35

In reply to: Romeo Okwara - fashion plate, photographer, deadhead. (link)  posted by smcdermo

This young man is a thinker, and he does not appear to be confused by any questions posed to him - as if, he has already thought all of them through before during his life.

I'm intrigued by the Leica he is using, a Leica M6 rangefinder 35 mm film camera.

The first photos i started developing on my own was back in '67 when I came home from my freshman year at ND, with my father's old post-WWII Leica - a great camera, but I had to do all of the settings manually, which led me to Ansel Adams's Zone System and the Weston Master Meter (a hand-held light powered light meter).

I learned a lot, but made a lot of mistakes, but that's the way it goes when you are teaching yourself.

He said he likes doing portraits, and I am encouraged that he is so perceptive because to take a good portrait, you have to let the person assume their natural look and then take the picture. He seems to understand that quite well.

Thank you. i really enjoyed reading that.