My response to this guy
by JC_90_94 (2019-10-16 22:17:46)

In reply to: Dear God, this guy is a wuss  posted by El Kabong

Circulated to friends today ...

Dear Paul Durba:

Congratulations on your daughter’s matriculation to Southern Cal – especially the fact that she was admitted “all by herself.” I’m sure it is very exciting for her to don sunglasses each week during football season, act like she is cool, play a Fleetwood Mac song that was hip far before “You Can Call Me Al” or “Livin’ on a Prayer” (yes I’m not so cynical that I can’t laugh at my own).

I’m proud of the Notre Dame fans that booed the Southern Cal band. In my view, there are two bands that should be treated with such disdain – Southern Cal and Stanford. Why? Mostly because they are a bunch of self-absorbed tools. That’s enough for me.

I will never forget the “class” displayed by the Southern Cal band director in 2007 at Notre Dame. Southern Cal carried on with its usual schtick of repetitively playing the songs that all opposing teams love to hate. During the first half, during a TV timeout, ND brought out the 1977 team to have its rightful ovation on its 30th anniversary of the National Championship.

That fossil who leads the Southern Cal band, up on his stinking ladder, looked over his shoulder and waited for the exact moment that they started the announcement of the team’s reunion, as they began to walk on the field, then happily directed his shitbird sunglass wearing tools to crank it up yet again – completely drowning out the moment for the people down in our endzone. To use your words, this treatment was “not nice”. Were it not for the yellow hat gestapo, I am sure that some proud ND fan would have taken matters into his own hands and saw to it that grandpa was knocked from his perch upon the ladder.

Put this together with the 2005 visit to ND, in which multiple Southern Cal band members felt the need to flip off the host crowd, and you can see why I don’t find it necessary to treat these people with “class” as you suggest.

Please feel free to deposit your 1983 diploma in the nearest ND “green station” recycling bin Sponsored by Naugles™.

Yours truly,
JC_90_94

P.S. Note how I didn’t even stoop to mention Reggie Bush’s payola and forfeited Heisman, or OJ. Class!

Replies: