Good grief Michigan is bad. They will get blown out. *
by Marine Domer (2019-10-19 20:45:34)

This user did not provide content for this post

It's like you people don't understand about jinxes. *
by beancounter  (2019-10-19 22:56:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Phrasing. It is Penn St. after all. *
by RedIrish  (2019-10-19 22:18:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They seem to be getting their shit together.
by Tjmcfly  (2019-10-19 22:15:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope my post ages poorly.

Our game is their season. They will ready for us *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-10-19 21:57:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep. They'll look like Bama next week. *
by Lloyd Braun  (2019-10-19 22:05:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND will definitely have a fight on their hands *
by fresnodomer  (2019-10-19 22:36:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let them win tonight and get blown out next week at home
by Molly Maguires  (2019-10-19 22:13:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why can't that happen?

Michigan is trash.

Penn State is trashier.

Penn State should get the death penalty

I have to ask...
by IrishApache  (2019-10-19 22:37:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I apologize in advance because I know you have probably posted about this before, so I am likely asking you to be repetitive...

But why hate Penn State more than Michigan? The latter is more of our natural enemy than the former.

Keep in mind, my views are colored by growing up in New York. So while I have distain for Penn State as an institution, The Penn State fans in New York are not too terrible. In fact, I would posit that they have more in common with the average Notre Dame fan than the average Michigan fan.

Conversely, the Michigan fans in New York are terrible, and they have shaped my view of that university. They are the hyper-obnoxious, Billy Joel loving, Notre Dame hating set, that (nonsensically) fancy Michigan an Ivy League school. Also, my experience at the 1997 Notre Dame @ Michigan game, which was played in Ann Arbor, was among my worst sporting experiences ever due to their horrific fanbase.

I will concede I have never been to a Notre Dame game in Happy Valley.

I’m genuinely curious... what gives?

I don’t think people outside of NYC area realize the hatred
by DBCooper  (2019-10-20 09:26:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

An ND fan has for Michigan here. . It’s a strange place to have such a justified strong anger for a Midwest school. Clearly if you live in Michigan, or a state adjacent to it, the vitriol makes sense, but NYC is pretty far from Ann Arbor, yet their shitiness knows no bounds.

Almost every fucking day I can be having a nice leisurely stroll with my daughter enjoying the buildings and energy of our city only to be shattered by a pee stained bright M shirt coming my way. I don’t think a policeman’s flashlight is as bright as that horrid color that always catches my eye, even from blocks away. It just ruins my day.

2 things: one, as mentioned below, you have to live
by Stonebreaker9  (2019-10-20 07:30:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In PA as an ND fan for awhile to truly understand. Two, back when we both were independents, it was a very heated rivalry, though not played that frequently, and I think during that period, most PA ND fans and PSU fans would tell you the other was rival #1.

Paterno was the biggest, worst negative recruiter ever
by Knutesteen  (2019-10-19 23:06:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even without the Sandusky crimes against humanity, which he knowingly covered up to win football games, Paterno hated Notre Dame and made no effort to hide it. He was as big a hypocrite as his pants were short. Both institutions can go to hell.

Autocorrect strikes again. “...as his pants were shat” *
by TAR  (2019-10-20 00:04:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have to live here and experience their fan base on
by HennaOrNo  (2019-10-19 22:54:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A day in day out basis to understand, especially their reaction to Sandusky. They feel they and their glorious program are the victims of Sandusky, not the actual victims of Sandusky. The comparisons to North Korea even fail because the PSU fan base has access to the internet and worldwide media and still choose not believe that Sainted JoePa did anything wrong or knew anything. All that matters is 409 as they proudly display on their cars (one of which I saw today). Plus JoePa hated ND and made it known to anyone and everyone.

He’s been consistent about his hatred
by MDDomer  (2019-10-19 22:46:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for PSU.

Good Lord that FG call was ridiculous
by Crazychester  (2019-10-19 21:21:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Punt it or go for it but don’t go for the 1-10 FG shot against a team that has all of its timeouts

Always smarter then the other guy that Harbaugh

Closely followed by Franklin’s clock management
by BigEND  (2019-10-19 21:34:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He immediately called TO with 21 seconds left when fourth down came up. He could’ve run it down and had a shot at the endzone, or at least forced Michigan to call the TO.

Crazy like a fox
by graNDfan  (2019-10-19 21:23:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

unfortunately seems to be over medicated

The game will be closer than you think * *
by fresnodomer  (2019-10-19 21:02:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they learn anything from socal game, they will try to
by Voisman  (2019-10-19 22:13:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

run #24 30 times. hes big and physical just a bit smaller(lighter) than Stepp.

UM TD taken off the board! Illegal man downfield! *
by 1NDGal  (2019-10-19 20:59:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Put it back up there.
by Molly Maguires  (2019-10-19 21:03:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and 50 more, please

(Nobody is cheering for Michigan, PA natives are invoking the Commonwealth Dispensation*)

I think you won’t mind seeing Michigan beating themselves,
by 1NDGal  (2019-10-19 21:05:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

right?

Wait ...

Which means Kelly will pull out a close one *
by Brahms  (2019-10-19 20:53:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Guarantee next week they'll look like the '72 Dolphins *
by traceinpa  (2019-10-19 20:50:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep *
by Soloirish  (2019-10-19 20:53:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are awful
by crazychester  (2019-10-19 20:47:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are also getting hosed by the refs

Somewhere an Indiana fan swirls his drink and smiles imperceptibly

I don't see how that could be the case at all
by El Kabong  (2019-10-19 20:57:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What about this would make him smile "imperceptibly"?

Call your Dr. if your erection lasts longer than 4 hours *
by Crazychester  (2019-10-19 21:07:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post