He's losing leverage. imo He'll be looking to add revenue
by cj (2019-12-05 10:33:14)

In reply to: But he maintained our independence!  posted by Bruno95

through stadium advertising. Also, full ACC membership will (inaccurately) be cited as a playoff necessity.

I hope this stuff never happens, but fear that's where this is heading under his awful stewardship.

Lastly, it still bugs the hell out of me the way he treated, out priced and jettisoned lifelong generational season ticket owners. That's an insane move. Those folks are to be celebrated.

Another doozie is Under Armour. Granted the $ he signed for at the time were the highest. However, he misread the altitude by a ton. Within a year Texas signed a 15 year $250 million Nike deal versus our 10 year $90 million UA deal plus options. Nike shelled out almost $17 million a year to TX. We whiffed....

"I love the way they skewed younger,” Swarbrick said to the New York Times of Under Armour. “Especially with a traditional brand, you want to make sure you don’t become narrowed to an older audience."

The UA relationship has not been a win financially or professionally. They've had some real PR corporate problems.

Just what has saucy done well???

Replies: