Question on ticket sales for home games.
by G.K.Chesterton (2020-05-25 21:19:48)

Our local ND club has sent out raffle tickets for two ND games. This makes me think: how is the ND ticket office handling ticket sales?

Are they assuming everything will be normal and they'll be packing them in? If capacity is only at, say, 50% percent, are they going to turn ticket holders away? I'm just trying to figure out how they are planning for this.

Our club has decided to hold off
by BottleofRed  (2020-05-27 09:29:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with a raffle or any marketing of our 50 Clemson tickets until we know what's happening with the season. Quite frankly, we're just hoping ND gives us a refund if we're not able to sell our tickets.

I agree. Our club has committed to and paid for
by dulac89  (2020-05-27 00:44:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

50 Arkansas Tickets. If the game is held, and they allow fans, it will be pretty crappy if they don't honor our purchase because they can sell the tickets to higher bidders in the lottery

What club? (e-mail enclosed)
by NWEndzone (click here to email the poster)  (2020-05-26 23:02:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We’re wrestling with the “what if’s” in our own ND club offerings.

Milwaukee *
by tar  (2020-05-26 23:29:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Per the Ticket Office
by molecular  (2020-05-26 12:39:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I spoke to the ticket office last week. If fans are allowed to attend games, here is the priority for letting the fans into the stadium:

1. Student tickets
2. Faculty and staff tickets
3. Season ticket holders season tickets
4. Single game tickets sold to season ticket holders
5. All other seats.

They estimate that Categories 1-4 will be 38,000 - 42,000 tickets per game.

They did not know if the alumni lottery would happen.

They also indicated that if they stop at category 4, the seating assignments may not be valid, and that fans would be asked/forced to spread out. They didn't have details on how this would work.

At the very least, I approve of their order *
by DBCooper  (2020-05-26 14:30:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems like a good idea to limit alumni traveling
by pmac98  (2020-05-26 14:59:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from all over the country, easy way to spread the Rona.

I think you could cut back on faculty/staff as well though, give 'em 3 games instead of 6.

Season tickets will all go to Clemson fans for a nice 50/50 split on Nov 7th.

Has there been an Alumni Lottery?
by moreauparkinglot  (2020-05-26 11:52:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Usually, there is a communication about a date to select tickets. Has this been sent?

No. The configuration of the home season is still...
by Kbyrnes  (2020-05-26 12:34:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...undetermined with respect to dates, seating capacity, parking capacity and all that. They won't hold a lottery unless and until they know how many seats they are going to make available.

But they are gonna hold on tight
by HTownND  (2020-05-27 00:33:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To that money

Iowa State just announced they will be at ~50% capacity.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-05-26 12:14:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They do *not* anticipate any single-game tickets being available for home games.

We've been trending that way in recent years, as well. *
by Notra_Dahm  (2020-05-27 19:46:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No one knows at this point
by GoDomers  (2020-05-25 22:49:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most local clubs and the ticket office are proceeding as if the season will go on as regularly scheduled. If they limit the number of attendees at games, then all bets are off. I think it is safe to assume that you will not be charged for a ticket that you were unable to use due to restrictions. This will obviously be a big hit for those clubs that rely on these tickets for funding club activities. Clubs have not yet been sent the actual tickets so you will not receive a ticket that you cannot use.

Make alumni tickets exclusively through Alumni Clubs? *
by 88_92WSND  (2020-05-26 19:56:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post