Would this be a fair way to handle 2020 tickets?
by TWO (2020-05-27 18:11:20)

Refund all Season Ticket Holders and then have 1 big lottery with what ever number of tickets they decide is what they want to sell.

Lottery would cover alumni and season ticket holders, no preferences. Would come with a consent form that somehow takes care of the legal stuff should you chose to enter the lottery and get ticket to games and take what ever risk there is that you may get infected.

You left out room for hand wringing and self recrimination *
by Frank Drebin  (2020-05-28 12:33:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nope...season ticket holders and big donors should get
by ndgenius  (2020-05-28 09:14:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

preferred treatment. I am in neither of those categories but they are the ones who are giving their money to the University and should be given first access. Whatever is left can go into a lottery for the people who have done other various levels of giving. This would be similar to how they dole out bowl tickets and things like that.

I usually go to 2-3 games per year but I'll be sitting this year out...I'm not in a high-risk demo but I'll be perfectly happy watching from TV especially if masks are required in the stadium like those old pics from the Spanish Flu days that have been shared around.

I agree. I read somewhere that there were only 4,500
by acrossdmiddle  (2020-05-28 09:26:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Season ticket holders as of 2017. That compares to 60,000 at Clemson. If that 4,500 number is true, there should still be a fair number left over for an alumni lottery.

NOT TRUE
by OswegoJoe  (2020-05-28 13:47:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are vastly more than 4500 season ticket seats.

It used to be vastly more.
by BottleofRed  (2020-05-28 17:06:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But when ND jacked up the prices after going 4-8, they lost a lot of long-time season ticket holders. Which is why they advertise the availability of season tickets on the radio now.

Wasn't there a waiting list at one point? *
by NDBass  (2020-05-28 21:18:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A year or so after I graduated,
by Father Nieuwland  (2020-05-28 22:53:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I called the ticket office and asked to be put on the waiting list for season tickets. I figured it might take 15 or 20 years, but by then I’d be able to afford the tickets and hotels so it would all work out.

The lady from the ticket office told me, “Honey, those tickets stay in families for generations. We get so few non-renewals each year that we don’t even bother with a waiting list.”

Late 1950s/early 1960s
by domer4  (2020-05-31 02:34:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was the last time that season tickets were easy to come by.

In the 1990s those families still held on to many of those tickets.

And then the Pandemic came. *
by SWPaDem  (2020-05-29 07:37:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What does “vastly more” mean?
by tdiddy07  (2020-05-28 13:51:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That seems like a reasonable ballpark to me.

"Individuals who have season tickets" or "Seats held by
by Father Nieuwland  (2020-05-28 15:50:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

season ticket holders"?

Are we talking about 4,500 groups of season ticket holders who may control 15,000 tickets/seats?

It's very close
by HTownND  (2020-05-28 15:47:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All one has to do is look at the individual ticket sales post lottery for some of our body bag games (which is after the alumni lottery).

I think the only way we get to "vastly more" is if we assume students and faculty/staff tickets are "season" tickets, because technically, they count for the whole season, but aren't really what people are talking about, which are recurring, year over year, keep your seat type of season tickets.

I feel it's fair to reward Season Ticket holders
by Athlete37  (2020-05-27 19:32:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Especially for enduring the following atrocities:

Did 2007 feel like it was ever gonna end

I agree, but I’d give season ticket holders an option to
by Father Nieuwland  (2020-05-27 22:06:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

decline some or all of the games and put those tickets back in for an alumni sale (as it is not really an alumni lottery anymore)