Rumblings that ND-WI will not happen at Lambeau.
by G.K.Chesterton (2020-05-30 21:04:48)

Courtesy of OFD:

According to Tim O’Malley on the latest Irish Illustrated Insider podcast:

“We heard from a couple sources — this is bearer of bad news — but, uhh, Lambeau Field won’t be happening either.”

O’Malley was talking about the trip only (about 11:57 into the episode). The game, is still very much in play and could then be held inside Notre Dame Stadium. That would then likely mean that the Irish will travel to Camp Randall Stadium to play Wisconsin in 2021.

As Tim was sure to say as well... nothing as of yet is official.

This is all speculative, but it may be related to the fact that the Packers are playing at Lambeau Field only two days after ND and Wisconsin were supposed to play there.

If it means that the 2021 game will be at Camp Randall, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

A message from Wisconsin Athletic Dept
by Nitschke  (2020-06-02 11:44:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I joined to get ticket to the game at Lambeau

Dear David Hickey,

We recognize that the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has changed the way we live. As uncertainty continues to surround our planning we first wanted to thank you for generously supporting Wisconsin Athletics. We often say that we have the best fans in the country and you continuously prove us right.

We’d like to provide an update regarding your single-game home and/or away game ticket requests for the 2020 football season. At this time, we have decided to delay reviewing requests, including the highly-anticipated game vs. Notre Dame at Lambeau Field on Oct. 3.

All single-game ticket requests will be reviewed and fans will be notified regarding fulfillment once more clarity is provided regarding the 2020 football season. Our hope is that this information becomes available in the coming weeks.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to communicating the status of your football single-game home and/or away game ticket requests in the future.

Thank you again for your support of Wisconsin Athletics.

On, Wisconsin!

UWisconsin says they have not heard anything of this move. (link)
by 1NDGal  (2020-06-01 13:49:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From time to time, I peak at Twitter accounts associated
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-06-01 18:50:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with Packer beat writers and there's been nothing about this move with them.

Peek *
by Dadknuknutesson  (2020-06-01 19:42:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How do you know. Maybe Twitter gets him off *
by TAR  (2020-06-02 20:32:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(Face palm) *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-06-01 22:22:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pique (link)
by 1NDGal  (2020-06-01 21:20:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What's the significance of GB having a home game a couple
by roccoglobboschoolforwomen  (2020-06-01 09:05:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

days later? I'm not following how that matters here.

Time to clean the stadium, I guess?
by gordonbombay  (2020-06-01 09:25:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It seems to me like it's more pertinent to keep college kids on their own campuses as much as possible to reduce the chance of major outbreaks, but who knows. Maybe someone smarter than me knows a better answer.

Impact on the turf. Gives it time to recover.
by Steelhop  (2020-06-01 21:42:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two games probably wont tear up the field but if the right weather rules in it might.

Wisconsin sucks. *
by Goldhelmethead  (2020-05-31 15:02:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wait a goshdarn minute, here!! *
by Nitschke  (2020-06-01 13:15:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

darn tootin *
by jt  (2020-06-01 14:30:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

well yes, wisconsin sucks but michigan really, really sucks *
by ND68  (2020-06-01 10:41:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good. Home and Home is better. *
by Jurassic  (2020-05-31 12:40:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We’ll get the one where no one is allowed in
by DakotaDomer  (2020-05-31 21:07:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Wisconsin will overfill their stadium the following year

Yay

Boo hoo.
by Jurassic  (2020-06-01 20:48:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Such is life.

Lassie approves this post *
by Frank Drebin  (2020-05-31 17:55:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I laughed *
by NavyJoe  (2020-05-31 21:20:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's both good and bad
by El Kabong  (2020-05-31 11:34:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good in that games like that should be played on campus.

Bad in that, if things progress as we all want them to, ND won't be able to have many fans for their game this season but WI will be able to sell out their stadium next year.

The Lambeau game was Wisconsin's home game
by Otter  (2020-06-01 09:29:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why would they move this year's game to ND Stadium? It should be played at Camp Randall this year, no?

No
by HTownND  (2020-06-01 15:52:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have it reversed. Lambeau was an ND home game. Soldier Field was a Wisconsin home game.

The linked article says the opposite
by Otter  (2020-06-02 09:07:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I assume it is wrong.

No, the Lambeau game was ND's home game. *
by Slotts  (2020-06-01 10:12:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Odd just got Anthony travel email for Lambeau Friday *
by BeatPS0607  (2020-05-31 11:11:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Got same email - but now game not listed *
by NDoggie78  (2020-06-03 09:37:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

why would it happen, I suspect the game in Atlanta
by fontoknow  (2020-05-31 09:46:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

will move to GT's campus too.

No sense in playing at NFL venues if fans can't be present.

Falcons home games 11/08, 11/29 *
by Rfk  (2020-05-31 19:41:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they can't sell the seats move it to Bobby Dodd
by fontoknow  (2020-06-01 12:22:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there is zero point holding it at the dome without fans.

Is 1 week before, 2 weeks after not enough to sanitize? *
by rfk  (2020-06-01 15:32:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

what benefit is there to playing at the Georgia Dome
by fontoknow  (2020-06-01 15:45:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if there are no fans?

Or dramatically reduced fans?

I thought the issue was too-tight timing w/ NFL games? *
by rfk  (2020-06-01 16:34:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That might be pretext
by fontoknow  (2020-06-02 13:32:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But the real reason is that the game won't be economically viable without 80K paying fans.

good. the fewer NFL stadiums, the better. *
by 84david  (2020-05-31 09:42:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would suck. *
by TAR  (2020-05-31 09:20:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great, I’d rather have the game at ND stadium anyway *
by Badin87  (2020-05-30 21:51:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

crap, I have a hotel in GB *
by discNDav  (2020-05-30 21:09:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably better than my $2,500 non-refundable house
by Soc  (2020-05-31 15:52:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

rented via VRBO. Yeee!

Yeah, I'm in a similar boat with Airbnb.
by bleedsgreen04  (2020-06-01 11:22:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mine wasn't that steep (we have a relatively small group going), and I've only paid in half so far, but yeah that will suck.

I hope they make any announcements soon so I can try to push for a full refund. I doubt it will work, but I'll at least try if I can...