2021 CFB HOF ballot features Bob Golic, Aaron Taylor.
by G.K.Chesterton (2020-06-16 12:30:30)

Bob Golic, Notre Dame-Linebacker-Named unanimous First Team All-America and was a finalist for the Lombardi Award in 1978…Co-holder of UND's single-game record for tackles with 26 vs. Michigan in 1978…Ranks second in school history with 479 career tackles.

Aaron Taylor, Notre Dame-Offensive Tackle-Two-time First Team All-American, earning consensus honors in '92 and unanimous in '93… 1993 Lombardi Award winner and named College Interior Lineman of the Year by Touchdown Club of Columbus (Ohio)…Led Irish to four bowl games.

Misread this as CFB HOF ballet *
by Frank Drebin  (2020-06-17 09:25:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Leinart would be a shoe in *
by RoccoGlobboSchoolForWomen  (2020-06-17 12:54:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

shoo-in. *
by Slotts  (2020-06-17 15:18:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Welp. What goes around comes around. *
by roccoglobboschoolforwomen  (2020-06-17 15:38:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heh, that was the point. *
by Slotts  (2020-06-17 18:41:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your correct *
by DBCooper  (2020-06-17 15:19:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If only ND would jeté BK *
by nd71  (2020-06-17 09:35:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Golic was like a man possessed in locker room before
by Scoop80  (2020-06-16 20:41:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

USC '77 when players came back from warm-ups and saw the green jerseys in their lockers. He led the Green Machine! chants (a take-off on the Mean Machine chant from the original version of The Longest Yard) that reverberated off the walls. Devine put on green windbreaker and stood in a corner seemingly surprised by the extent of what he had wrought.

A team that was starting to live up to its vast potential after switching from Lisch to Montana coalesced for good and embarked on a 7 game run for the ages. It was an unforgettable moment, and Golic was at the center of it.

Byron Hanspard: 0.00 GPA, Blutarsky: 0.0
by knutesteen  (2020-06-16 14:41:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"...he later became the source of controversy after it emerged that he had all but abandoned his studies during what turned out to be his last year in school, posting a 0.00 grade point average for the 1996 fall semester. In part because of this, Texas Tech withdrew from bowl consideration in 1997."

"Hanspard did not return his Doak Walker Award, however." *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-06-16 15:20:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

pretty sure ND had recruited him *
by ACross  (2020-06-16 15:12:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No issue there; I'd like to think he'd have been more
by knutesteen  (2020-06-16 15:33:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

accountable or received more assistance and motivation at ND to make some effort even once he decided to forego his senior year. Call me naive.

To his credit, the balance of the article states he did complete his degree later elsewhere and was working on a master's degree.

That’s my recollection as well *
by Son of Galway  (2020-06-16 15:22:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was trying to find out how long both have been on the
by TWO  (2020-06-16 13:29:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ballot but I couldn't find anything. I think both have been on for quite awhile, so I'm not holding my breath that either will get selected.