Only one player tested positive so far. (link)
by mocopdx (2020-06-22 12:57:24)

For once, ND's remote location actually works for us *
by Jvan  (2020-06-22 17:35:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's not remote if you live in Mishawaka. *
by Notra_Dahm  (2020-06-22 19:46:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It goes without saying Mishawakans know how to party.
by SWPaDem  (2020-06-23 09:16:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oops, I just said it. Again.

as well as the lack of social options
by jt  (2020-06-22 17:57:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

kids at other schools were getting infected in part due to all the time spent at clubs.

Thankfully, there's nothing fun like that in and around Notre Dame.

They must be socially distancing at the backer....
by Denver Jim  (2020-06-23 13:50:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I imagine that place has more virus than the Wuhan wet market.

leaving enough room for the Holy Spirit
by jt  (2020-06-25 17:30:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a proud ND tradition.

I credit Bridget's for my strong immune system
by indyrob  (2020-06-23 09:50:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

between the conditions of the main bar and the men's room, my late teens/early 20's immune system was put to the test

RIP Club 23 *
by golfjunkie17  (2020-06-22 18:00:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The air in their basement would kill any virus in the world. *
by domer4  (2020-06-22 19:06:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There was a basement? *
by roccoglobboschoolforwomen  (2020-06-22 19:44:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can still see it if you want
by captaineclectic  (2020-06-23 12:32:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just die unshriven.

Was that the one with the bloodstained pool table? *
by ravenium  (2020-06-24 14:42:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, my first time ever in the basement
by TCIrish03  (2020-06-23 09:27:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I walked down the stairs, it was lit by a single 40 watt light bulb, and Crackhead (alums '99-05 know who I mean) was sitting alone at a table with his shirt off. I don't remember much after that other than kids were scared to come downstairs because we kept yelling "neeeerrrrds!" at them like Ogre.

I used to sneak in through the basement before I turned 21
by garbageplate  (2020-06-22 21:16:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On Monday nights, we'd get there early, enter through the basement door and then walk upstairs once the crowd filled out a bit.

Yes *
by The Holtz Room  (2020-06-22 20:40:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The first bar I ever drank in. RIP Mo. *
by mocopdx  (2020-06-22 18:35:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mo died?
by domer4  (2020-06-22 19:07:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What was his real name? I want to look up the obituary if possible. I had a friend with a band that sang there often and he loved her voice. He built it back after the fire in the mid 1990s right?

Looks like his full obituary has been taken pay-walled. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-06-23 01:03:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Correct, and then it was torn down a few years ago.
by mocopdx  (2020-06-22 19:28:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mahmoud Hussein was his name. He passed in 2012, shortly after the bar closed. Great guy.

That whole area has been heavily redeveloped
by ndtnguy  (2020-06-23 11:45:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The roads aren't even in the same places in parts of that neighborhood running from Notre Dame Ave. east to Ironwood and down to the old 5 Points intersection.

I *remember* drinking with him and my friends post-closing
by The Holtz Room  (2020-06-22 20:42:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

time.

Hell of a nice guy.

I still have a headache from those frozen Long Islands *
by garbageplate  (2020-06-22 18:35:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

finally, a differentiator for recruiting
by MrE  (2020-06-22 17:51:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No longer will ND's campus be Notre Dame football's greatest recruiting asset, as Pete Sampson from Irish Illustrated likes to state.

Part of me wonders whether Clemson
by combodraw  (2020-06-22 15:31:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

will be in a better spot because a large portion of their team already has it so it's less likely they'll test positive during the season and miss the game vs us.

I don't see how this season isn't a mess. You can't put these players in a bubble. They are going to interact with the rest of the student body and go out to bars and parties and a bunch are going to eventually test positive.

Clemson issues
by skanman  (2020-06-23 10:41:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't see how any team can play football as long as we have the virus with us.

Yep. Impossible those 23 will ever recover. Worse yet,
by Btd  (2020-06-25 19:06:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They tested positive day one in June. It’s a train wreck. Being 18-22 years old they only have a 99.999% chance of recovering and they also have a horrific hospitalization rate of about 0.3%

To top it off Clemson now has about 25% of the football players who will be immune to the virus - and they have to handle that happening from day one. What a shame.

Then the isolated players that tested positive. As we know, that guarantees a massive outbreak will happen - as these 23 come in contact with... no one else.

I agree. It’s impossible to imagine how this can possibly work.

Asymptomatic carriers can still experience lung damage
by Irish Warrior  (2020-06-27 09:41:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And experts still aren't sure about immunity yet. So, as some are mentioning, if herd immunity's the angle, that's a really, really big risk to take without a definitive answer.

Why? I guess I do not understand this
by MAS  (2020-06-23 22:31:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why can there be no football?

Clemson issues
by skanman  (2020-06-24 11:03:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The why is the virus being so contagious. 20 some Clemson football players tested positive; that is about 10% of the entire staff. How many more players and staff have they infected?
There is no way to have social distancing in football!
I love college football and pray for a vaccine. If it is cancelled, I will be very depressed. All the best!

Ok thanks for clarifying *
by MAS  (2020-06-24 11:59:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Drinking bleach instead of milk at the training table.
by PWK2  (2020-06-22 14:43:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It really paid off.

Light it up! *
by 1NDGal  (2020-06-22 13:17:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gosh, we're already #1 in so many things.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-06-22 16:01:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One Heisman Trophy winner in the last 55 years.
One undefeated, untied season in the last 46 years.
One national title in the last 42 years.
One victory over a top-ranked team in the last 29 years.
One major bowl victory in the last 26 years.