Maybe stay put? *
by ACross (2020-07-03 19:24:37)

In reply to: Time to look for a Prep school?  posted by BIG MAC

This user did not provide content for this post

Maybe some of these kids have a lot invested in their sport
by acrossdmiddle  (2020-07-03 21:39:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kids have transferred for a lot less. I’m all for being safe and education first, but the fact is that athletics are at at least tied for first for most of the best athletes. It’s tragic that this horrible virus could stand between them and the scholarship they’ve trained for over the last decade or more.

the kid already has an offer from Notre Dame
by jt  (2020-07-04 00:29:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he could do 7 on 7 all fall and winter, sign his LOI, and show up to play.

There's no real advantage to playing high school ball for him.

Now, a kid without offers, or kids who have some offers but not the ones that they really want? Those kids are on the move. Arizona, Texas, and schools in the south are taking in a lot of kids right now. We happen to know 3 different families who have left CO to go to these states, and right now they're in limbo as well.

Yes - my comment was intended more generally
by acrossdmiddle  (2020-07-04 11:07:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know nothing about this kid nor his specific situation. I just have sympathy for those who aren’t as fortunate, which I assume is the majority of high school athletes.

Here's an article on the subject
by Jt  (2020-07-04 15:12:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know all of these people pretty well, for the most part.

I hope AZ gets its shit together so these kids can play
by acrossdmiddle  (2020-07-04 16:25:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course, I hope CO is able to stay the course and play as well. Obviously everyone’s health comes first, but it would be great to see kids at least have the chance to pursue their dreams this fall.

It's not only about having a scholarship
by BIG MAC  (2020-07-05 20:22:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kids want to play too. Also they want to get better and they need to play a regular season.

I don’t know if you guys could light a build betwixt you *
by ACross  (2020-07-05 22:02:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

CO seems to be doing better with the virus than AZ
by jt  (2020-07-04 17:18:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of course, that can all change rapidly.

We don't know how it will all shake out. It seems that people were hoping that the hot weather would kill the virus but that doesn't necessarily seem to be happening. More likely, it is the being outdoors part of hot weather that helps the virus, but in AZ during this time of year you really don't want to spend too much time outside.

7 on 7 would be good preparation for this quality offense *
by ACross  (2020-07-04 03:22:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

exactly why I chose that wording *
by jt  (2020-07-04 08:48:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post