The reason I think he is above average is because he has
by btd (2020-07-06 16:17:56)

In reply to: I just don't think he's that good  posted by ACross

taken several different sets of starters -- losing many if not all the top players from the previous season -- and plugs new ones in and the defense produces the same or slightly better results year over year (and top 40 level, so not repeating the same crap results).

I don't think you need gurus to win titles. What you need are competent coaches that know how to craft a system and teach it to players rapidly in a way they can consistently execute. That's what Lea is doing. The LB crew this past season is a good example -- all new, feared to be a back breaker for us, actual results were above average and arguably as good as the previous season.

Contrast that to our offense as a whole -- where we have a system that aside from being crap even if implemented well (since by design we have no intention of running well -- and when we absolutely need to) has proven to be one our players can't seem to master. That's especially true for the QBs.

Quinn is likely by several orders of magnitude the worst coach we have. He compounds it by also trending toward being a poor recruiter.