Jurkovec eligible immediately *
by mocopdx (2020-08-04 15:06:35)

This user did not provide content for this post

ND has another opportunity to make a Heisman candidate! *
by other_guy  (2020-08-05 16:22:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good Luck to Him....Go IRISH!!!! *
by ND Harvey  (2020-08-05 08:47:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems like a good year to sit one out. *
by NDMike2001  (2020-08-04 21:56:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good luck to him-I hope we sack him 10 times with 5 picks
by knutesteen  (2020-08-04 20:17:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nothing personal, just business.

In all seriousness, good for him on his eligibility, but I have no real feelings about his success or future going forward. I harbor no ill will, but I'm not as invested in his success as some of our Pennsylvania posters.

Heisman intro. 420 yds, 5 TDs. BKs head does a "Scanners" *
by TheRosadoBrothers  (2020-08-04 18:53:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He knows all our secrets! *
by Notra_Dahm  (2020-08-04 18:08:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not having BK as his coach any longer, he deserved a break *
by Frank Drebin  (2020-08-04 17:09:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good for him, he deserved it as much as JT Daniels
by TWO  (2020-08-04 15:31:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

did and others that have gotten it. Justin Fields, Shea Patterson, and a few others..all got it for basically no good reason other than they had enough money to hire an attny to fight for it.

D'Eriq King who basically quit on Houston after 3 games last year, so he could red shirt and play this year behind a better OL, bolted for Miami and was given immediate eligibility.

So it'd been unfair to Jurkovec to be basically the only guy not getting the waiver. Hope he does well except against us.

I don't think that's the outcome Kelly was hoping for
by SWPaDem  (2020-08-04 15:24:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

now that BC is on the schedule.

If the BC line can contain JOK, Phil could decimate ND.
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-04 15:29:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I am so here for it.

Humor us all
by okerland  (2020-08-05 13:24:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You feel Phil didn't get his shot. Do you believe Ian should have been benched last year and if so what game?

Or do you feel that he should have competed for starting spot this season?

He should have had more reps in 2019 and given a true shot
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-05 22:37:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for 2020.

I want ND to win but I understand this.
by Otter  (2020-08-05 10:18:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's like throwing 100 bucks against your favorite team. It a hedge.

I hope that ND wins but if they don't, I hope it is at the hands of Jurkovec. Watching him put it to Brian Kelly would take away the sting of a loss to BC.

You shot from the hip without thinking..... *
by Wolfetone  (2020-08-05 09:14:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You need a new hobby
by BostonIrish  (2020-08-05 04:33:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Get lost

You took the crazy fangirl act to a new level here *
by carroll2005  (2020-08-04 21:13:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You are missing the point *
by FBIRISH  (2020-08-04 20:49:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's.....not cool *
by TCIrish03  (2020-08-04 20:22:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You should be ashamed of yourself for posting that. *
by Irisharab  (2020-08-04 17:54:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wouldn't worry about it. Kelly's QB transfer history
by VaDblDmr  (2020-08-04 18:17:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

demonstrates beyond cavil that 1) his QB recruiting stinks, or 2) he ruins QBs once they get here, or both. If Phil does anything noteworthy for BC, he'll be the first Kelly QB transfer to do so.

his first pass will be a flea flicker that goes for a TD
by irishrock  (2020-08-04 17:39:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he'll point up to the box first and say "eat it" to Rees and then do the point/stare down thing at Kelly saying "you never even let me do a flea flicker in practice arsehole"

Then, yes, I hope ND beats BC by 77 points

Has a ND QB transfer ever been any good?
by Leeroy_Jenkins  (2020-08-04 17:05:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most kids who transfer due to playing time find it's really hard to start at other schools too.

Jake Kelchner went undefeated at West Virginia
by Otter  (2020-08-05 09:22:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was giving Rick Mirer legit competition for the starting job after Tony Rice graduated. His collarbone was broken in the Blue-Gold game and he never got another chance at the job.

He had a pretty good senior season as QB at West Virginia, including an upset of the Miami Hurricanes with a last minute TD pass. Played in the CFL for a bit I think.

He played 1 game in the CFL and some in the Arena
by Slotts  (2020-08-05 09:27:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Football League over 3 seasons.

by Moff  (2020-08-05 10:16:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the NFL, no.
by Milhouse  (2020-08-05 19:51:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He did play briefly in the CFL and then in the WLAF for a while. I remember seeing an interview with a European fan who was asked why he liked the Barcelona Dragons, and he responded that he liked them because of Tony Rice and Notre Dame.

True. What am I missing, not sure how that fits
by Slotts  (2020-08-05 10:48:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

into a factoid about Jake Kelchner?

by Moff  (2020-08-05 10:59:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No, not at all. Just setting the record straight and also
by Slotts  (2020-08-05 11:08:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I always followed Kelchner and Powlus closer than most as they grew up in the town next to mine.

George Curry rolled out a lot of talent in those days *
by coalcracker  (2020-08-05 12:29:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's for sure. *
by Slotts  (2020-08-05 12:37:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by Moff  (2020-08-05 11:15:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wish we still had that wealth. *
by Slotts  (2020-08-05 13:01:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why would Kelly recruit a running back?
by graNDfan  (2020-08-05 18:28:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They just take up a spot that an “athlete” needs

Kent Graham? *
by Raristotle  (2020-08-04 22:56:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not Kelly as coach. He ruins every one he touches *
by goirish89  (2020-08-04 22:25:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Many not so good. Wimbush, Zaire,
by Homeboy73  (2020-08-04 20:52:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

LoVecchio(?!), Keil, Crist, the pre-med fellow, Golson, etc. have not done so well after transferring. It’s a much longer list...

Zak Kustok was pretty good at NW *
by DBCooper  (2020-08-04 17:51:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was Zach Fraser any good? *
by Smokin_Clover  (2020-08-04 17:38:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He beat us *
by RJD  (2020-08-06 16:05:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This close to Burrow maybe isn't the best time to bring that
by bleedsgreen04  (2020-08-04 17:15:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

last point up. Jalen Hurts did pretty darn well for himself too, in my opinion.

Also, one thing that might make a difference here for Phil Jurkovec is he has had less time for Kelly to mess him up compared to the others.

But I do agree that 1 year, particularly as wonky as this one has no doubt been with spring and fall, probably isn't enough time to get PJ looking like Burrows out there.

I suspect he'll look great against ND on some plays, and terrible on most others. I hope long term though he'll be good just for his own sake.

I too want Phil to succeed
by tf86  (2020-08-04 16:49:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For 10 of the 11 games Fredo plays next season. I'll give you three guesses as to which game is the exception, and the first two don't count.

You've been listening to too much Doobie Bros on Yacht Rock. *
by irishintheville  (2020-08-04 16:34:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I keep forgettin'
by garbageplate  (2020-08-04 19:04:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're not our QB anymore.
I keep forgettin' Kelly will never berate you again
I keep forgettin' how you made that so clear
I keep forgettin'....

Every time I cheer
Every time Phil plays, I smile
Every single throw
Too bad he could only stay a while

Hey I know it's hard for you
To give up on wearing gold and blue
But tell me how come I

Keep forgettin' you're not our QB anymore.
I keep forgettin' Kelly will never berate you again
I keep forgettin' how you made that so clear
I keep forgettin'....

Every time I hear
How playing for ND made you cry
How it went too far
And we all know the reason why

Why you had to go to a backup school
If this is true, then it's a fate so cruel
So tell me how come I...

NOTE: I know this isn't actually the Doobie Brothers, but it's close enough.

Takin’ it to BC! Phil’s takin’ it, takin’ it. Takin’ it to
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-04 19:35:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BC!

So does that mean you are rooting against ND?
by Hanratty5ND  (2020-08-04 16:26:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or just ND's defense on that day?

WTF??? *
by El Kabong  (2020-08-04 16:23:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You miss last years game? The BC o-line was
by 84david  (2020-08-04 16:02:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

completely overmatched by our front 7 all day. 4 sacks 9 TFL,
starters rested by mid 4th QTR.

I anticipate a 4 TD beatdown again. Phil is a really
good QB, but he will spend the game running for his
life and ducking.

ps: see the top of the board (under “crystal clear”)
by 84david  (2020-08-04 16:10:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think that prediction is correct. *
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-04 16:09:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not surprised coming from you *
by thewagon  (2020-08-04 16:00:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good grief *
by SB Jimbo  (2020-08-04 15:59:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Come on.
by mocopdx  (2020-08-04 15:55:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do I wish Jurkovec has a good end to his college career? Of course. Do I wish that Boston College tears apart Notre Dame? Hell no, not ever. I hope Phil has a great year, and I hope BC loses to ND by 50.

Sometimes it seems like there are people on here who care more about BK’s suffering than the program’s success.

It’s not about BK suffering. I’d just like Phil J. to have
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-04 16:07:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a chance to show what he can do. I do not believe he got a fair shot at ND.

How would you possibly know? *
by Slotts  (2020-08-04 19:54:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You want Phil to show what he can do by decimating ND? *
by Marine Domer  (2020-08-04 16:17:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t want to lose to BC. I want Phil J. to have his turn.
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-04 16:26:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he should have gotten his turn at ND.

We don't even know if he'll be starting at BC
by 105Marquette  (2020-08-04 22:16:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are 2 other QBs in the depth chart he'll be competing against, one of whom had 7 starts last year.

So you don't want Hamilton to pick him off 3 times or
by 84david  (2020-08-04 17:19:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

JOK to sack him a few times?

Both of those things could very well happen and that will be
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-04 17:32:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

great to see.

I don’t think BC can contain JOK.

That's not what you said above *
by El Kabong  (2020-08-04 17:02:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let’s see what he can do. Maybe he really is terrible. Maybe
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-04 17:41:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he totally crushes. If he decimates our defense, if our guys can’t handle him, then there you have it.

I think he was treated terribly by this staff. Let him show out, if he can.

I don’t think you know anything about how he was treated *
by RoccoGlobboSchoolForWomen  (2020-08-04 19:51:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Last August I posted in detail that BK said staff needed to
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-04 20:36:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fix Phil’s mechanics and then later he lied about it.

Complete with cites and links.

You're saying you want Jurkovec to decimate ND? *
by Slotts  (2020-08-04 15:55:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Day drinker *
by Rosecrea  (2020-08-04 15:31:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What? *
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-04 15:34:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's worth a drink.
by SWPaDem  (2020-08-04 15:39:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The kid deserves it.