Wake reaffirmed ND game in Charlotte for 9/26 in email today
by fortune_smith (2020-08-04 19:24:38)
Edited on 2020-08-04 19:47:12

Athletic department update on 2020 football season.

Email also said Wake's dates for the other nine ACC are still TBD.

+1 opponent and date also still TBD.

Charlotte is the hottest viral area in the state *
by BIG MAC  (2020-08-05 09:18:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can someone explain this decision?
by BottleofRed  (2020-08-04 22:33:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If there aren't any fans, I would think playing on campus would be the better, safer choice.

possibly locker room setups ??
by sullivan79  (2020-08-05 11:44:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've heard a couple reports of games being scheduled at stadiums where they have more room to spread out.

You seem to be doubting the logic in their decision making
by gozer  (2020-08-04 23:24:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let go of the idea that there is a logic tree underlying the decision, and their choice is obvious

It’s the same logic parents use: “because I say so”

I am, indeed, questioning their logic.
by BottleofRed  (2020-08-05 09:37:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They're going to hold a game WITH FANS in the city with the worst infection rate in the state. That's just stupid.

WF released a trailer for the game and there will be fans
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-08-04 23:16:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on some kind of restricted basis. The biggest stadium probably allows for better spacing.

“The Deacon Club and athletics ticket office are working hard to finalize allocation options for various capacity configurations at Truist Field as well as the Duke's Mayo Classic vs. Notre Dame game at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte,” Currie wrote.

What is Duke’s Mayo? Miracle Whip competitor?
by golfjunkie17  (2020-08-05 00:28:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And, classic?

Well, it's big in North Carolina.
by dbldomer7375  (2020-08-05 16:19:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go to 1:50 for the importance of Duke's mayonnaise to Southern Women.

It's actually mayo, unlike miracle whip
by fontoknow  (2020-08-05 01:19:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but it's also a regional product.

Cook's Illustrated like's Best, followed by Hellmans.

Miracle Whip did not finish ... since it's not mayo.

Answering your question, not defending their stance
by fortune_smith  (2020-08-04 22:54:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They’re saying they’ll be selling tickets on an individual-game and reduced-capacity basis to fans willing to wear face masks.

No season tickets envisioned.

SEC moved start of practice back to Aug 17
by jt  (2020-08-04 21:37:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even the most optimistic reports I'm hearing say the last weekend of September is the earliest start the conferences are comfortable with. I saw the post about climpsin on September 12 and I think that would be pretty tough