Our old friends Steve Adazzio and (Clay) Davie
by jt (2020-08-04 21:34:28)

might be in some hot water. Reports out of fort Collins stating that players are being told not to report covid 19 symptoms, under threats of reduced playing time.

Can't link the article from my phone but a quick Google search shows it.

Rationale for this is maximizing sports revenue?
by Brahms  (2020-08-05 16:47:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is that the play?

I think a lot of higher ed institutions are going to take this on the chin, and part of this will be schools having to fess up, once again, to the role of sports in the higher ed system.

That would not surprise me
by Son of Galway  (2020-08-04 21:49:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Davie is from the Tank McNamara School of Meathead Coaches.

In other words, he’s dumb.

He's a genius
by jt  (2020-08-04 22:22:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

compared to Adazzio.

Article from The Coloradoan linked
by irishlaw2010  (2020-08-04 21:43:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From the article:

"CSU football players and university athletic department staff say coaches have told players not to report COVID-19 symptoms, threatened players with reduced playing time if they quarantine and claim CSU is altering contact tracing reports to keep players practicing."