Playing would jeopardize the facade of amateurism *
by Hanratty5ND (2020-08-09 20:44:35)

In reply to: Then why do the ADs seem so intent on cancelling?  posted by mocopdx

This user did not provide content for this post

I’ve heard this suggested.
by mocopdx  (2020-08-09 20:47:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That basically the ADs are choosing to sacrifice a year rather than admit this is semi-pro athletics.

couldn't agree more
by turtle17  (2020-08-09 21:36:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

about choosing no fall over admitting it is pro in reality and amateur in name only

wonder if they really can piece it all back together after losing 50-100M.
As above, my guess is spring football isn't workable. Partly because my guess things will not change significantly until there is some sort of vaccine, and then until it is reasonably widely distributed. Jan is as good of an optimistic guess for a vaccine as any and then early another month or two before the roll out is really pretty well done. So practice early March, games early April? Shortened season, end early June, start again late July?
I think some of the spring football idea hopes campuses will be better later in the fall, but what I see are schools sending students home before Thanksgiving because they don't want them coming back.