Sadly, the Big 10 is playing football starting 10/24 *
by thedeadguy (2020-09-16 09:40:06)

This user did not provide content for this post

Considering their percentage system...
by Wooderson  (2020-09-17 22:05:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They're not playing all the games they plan to. I'd put money on it.

Good thing ND didn't join B10: It'd jeopardize BK's 10 wins *
by Hickster  (2020-09-16 21:07:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But look at the protocols and threshold for stoppage—
by 1NDGal  (2020-09-16 15:24:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The earliest a student-athlete can return to game competition is 21 days following a COVID-19 positive diagnosis.

The Big Ten Conference will use data provided by each Chief Infection Officer (CInO) to make decisions about the continuation of practice and competition, as determined by team positivity rate and population positivity rate, based on a seven-day rolling average:

Team positivity rate (number of positive tests divided by total number of tests administered):
Green 0-2%
Orange 2-5%
Red >5%

Population positivity rate (number of positive individuals divided by total population at risk):
Green 0-3.5%
Orange 3.5-7.5%
Red >7.5%

Decisions to alter or halt practice and competition will be based on the following scenarios:
Green/Green and Green/Orange: Team continues with normal practice and competition.
Orange/Orange and Orange/Red: Team must proceed with caution and enhance COVID-19 prevention (alter practice and meeting schedule, consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition).
Red/Red: Team must stop regular practice and competition for a minimum of seven days and reassess metrics until improved.

“WHERE’S THE STORE MANAGER?!!!” *
by Frank Drebin  (2020-09-16 13:54:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My wife would ask for the District Manger when a dispute
by SWPaDem  (2020-09-16 14:48:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would develop over something she bought at a store, e.g., already-opened box or package, flawed merchandise, etc. And when the store representative would tell her that they don't have a District Manager when preliminary negotiations would break down, her response would always be, "I don't care. I still want to talk to him."

And she got her way every time.

"The darkest day in B10 history".
by ribs  (2020-09-16 12:46:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Christine Brennan is a hair-pulling, click-bait columnist of the highest order, but this is just too good. Linked below.

She wrote an article about 20 years ago on Anna Kournikova
by domer4  (2020-09-16 21:07:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The article basically said that Anna Kournikova has no right to make loads of money off of her looks since she never won a tennis tournament as a singles player.

Lost in that somehow, was 1) Kournikova was in the top ten in the world (which isn't easy); 2) she was sometimes number one in doubles over years and 3) what exactly should she do? Sit at home and ignore the possibility of making millions of dollars - would that be a better model of modern feminism?

Wasn’t there something that happened in PA and MI? *
by HScorpio  (2020-09-16 16:27:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How many players hospitalized? How many college students
by inigomontoya  (2020-09-16 14:56:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hospitalized?

How many high school students in session hospitalized?
How many high school football players hospitalized?

Anyone have those numbers?

Blames on prez too. classy *
by Voisman  (2020-09-16 14:14:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She also got purple-faced at Duke, Vandy, ND, and Rice for
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-09-16 13:57:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

playing football with the COVID-19 stuff going on (this was back in August).

But let’s not pick on that renowned football power Duke alone. Moving down the U.S. News list, at No. 15, we see you, Notre Dame, tied with Vanderbilt. What in the world are you two schools doing, still playing along with the ACC and SEC in this intelligence-denying game of Russian Roulette that will be attached to your names for years to come?

Then there’s Conference USA’s Rice, tied with the Ivy League’s Cornell at No. 17. Really, Rice? Football is that important to you? Who knew?

She doesn’t know much Big Ten history, then, does she? *
by yodadame  (2020-09-16 13:05:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Northwestern grad, raised as a Michigan fan.
by Piertravlr  (2020-09-16 13:04:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That sounds just about right. Claims of moral superiority made with perfect grammar.

Fungible loyalties. *
by mkovac  (2020-09-17 13:11:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She didn't say they were going to kill grandma
by mintirish  (2020-09-16 12:56:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

low hanging fruit she missed there

Michigan hate aside, I’m glad they are getting back on
by inigomontoya  (2020-09-16 12:13:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

their pony. For the sake of players, families, a few of their fans, and some of the economic lift due to Walmart apparel sales.

I was hoping they would fill in the hole and go away forever *
by domer4  (2020-09-17 08:35:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After watching what we watched on Saturday
by Bostonirish  (2020-09-16 11:56:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

do we want to go to the CFP to get shitpumped again?

Clemson will take care of that. Maybe twice. *
by Beaknd  (2020-09-16 11:58:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The chance a one-loss ND would get to the CFP just got
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-09-16 10:56:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

kneecapped.

1 loss ND can absolutely get in
by combodraw  (2020-09-16 11:21:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Win all games but lose to Clemson at ND stadium. Beat Clemson in rematch in ACC title game in Charlotte.

Hard to leave ND out in that scenario I'd think?

Also, havn't seen anything yet to think we'd be able to split 2 games with Clemson.

Sort of like backing into the NFL playoffs during a strike
by ACross  (2020-09-16 11:25:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

/replacements year.

Not in the specific scenario Combodraw laid out.
by rockmcd  (2020-09-16 12:49:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any 1-loss team that beats Clemson in the ACC title game will get into the CFP whether it's 2020 or any other year.

That's hypothetical of course. To borrow a Bruno-ism, when we play Clemson they could fill the endzone with AIDS needles and we'll still come out of that game as healthy as AC Green. We appear to lack the athleticism at offensive skill positions that the 2015 ND team had when they put up points against Clemson.

Only hope for any team that is not a Conf Champ
by TWO  (2020-09-16 11:08:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

making the playoffs is if one of the Conf Champs is a 3 or 4 loss team and there is at least 1 non-conference champion with only 1 loss..and it's in the Conf Champ game.

This will be the easiest job the CFP Committee has had, just pick all 4 Conference Champs for the CFP. That's really what they want in the first place, they hated it in 2018 when they had to let us in the playoff.

I wouldn't go that far.
by rockmcd  (2020-09-16 13:17:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Although it's a small sample size, the precedent thus far is that 1-loss teams who don't win their conference get in over 2-loss teams that do. That happened in both 2016 and 2017. So far there is no precedent for a 2-loss team being selected for the CFP. There's a table in the linked Wiki page that does a good job of presenting which teams were or weren't P5 conference champs in each year.

There is also little to no evidence that ND has ever been screwed in the CFP rankings, and in 2017 they had us ranked #3 above all other 1-loss teams prior to our loss at Miami. That doesn't sound like the premeditated actions of an evil cartel plotting to exclude us.

I do agree that the CFP committee will have an easy job this year. The lack of inter-conference games significantly reduces the possibility of a conference champ having more than 1 loss. [i.e. Oregon's loss to Auburn in their opening game last season.]

Agreed. Any 0-loss or 1-loss conference champ is a lock. *
by Tex Francisco  (2020-09-16 11:40:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Currently we're a 1-win ND team
by DakotaDomer  (2020-09-16 11:02:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lets start worrying about the CFP after there's evidence that we're anything close to a playoff team.

Is there any way that the BigTen could've F'd this up worse? *
by indyrob  (2020-09-16 10:55:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems to me that they are keeping their eye on the ball
by ACross  (2020-09-16 11:30:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as circumstances change. I assume that if circumstances change for the worse, the games may not actually get played.

Not clear to me that the late start will hurt the Big 10
by NDAtty  (2020-09-16 13:05:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it doesn't hurt the league a lot, then it's not a big screw-up.

I haven't been following closely, so there could be more transfer, practice, recruiting problems or other negatives than I aware of.

Will other sports play this year?
by DakotaDomer  (2020-09-16 10:39:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure how Title 9 is going to deal with this year but I know University of Minnesota was recently talking about cutting a lot of men's programs and I think it might have to do with this decision.

This. And are their students on campus?
by ndaero93  (2020-09-16 10:46:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course this is 100% about money, but if football can play, other sports should clearly be able to play. If you can play football, but not run cross country or field a golf team, there is something seriously wrong.

And for me, the students on campus is another area that I do find questionable. If the schools can't have their student's on campus, then how can they justify fielding athletic teams this fall?

Sure, they may not be able to be 100% in person classes or have housing at 100% regular capacity, but if all the dorms are closed/locked and 100% of classes are on-line - it does raise questions of priorities.

Actually, I think it answers questions of priorities. *
by Slotts  (2020-09-16 10:56:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Will Mich & Mich St have to wear masks like the HS kids? *
by golfjunkie17  (2020-09-16 10:15:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The HS kids aren't getting tested, B1G is *
by gordonbombay  (2020-09-16 14:21:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both the Leaders and the Legends??? *
by JC_90_94  (2020-09-16 10:09:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“$50 bucks says Smails kid picks his nose” *
by Frank Drebin  (2020-09-16 09:58:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let the great debate begin...
by indyrob  (2020-09-16 09:49:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is an 9-0 Big Ten team worthy of a playoff spot over a 12-0 ACC/SEC/BIG 12 team?

I was going to write something similar. How can they even
by DomerJon  (2020-09-16 11:52:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

compare with playing 3 less games? Hasn't that always been the narrative when ND didn't have to play a conf championship game. 3 less games, how can they even evaluate that properly???? ND should never be questioned again when going back to a 12 game schedule. Just point to the 2020 season.

8-0 would be best B10 record *
by discNDav  (2020-09-16 10:40:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

9-games assuming they get through them all *
by CrazyMary  (2020-09-16 10:44:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The debate won't involve any undefeated teams
by DakotaDomer  (2020-09-16 10:35:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Undefeated teams will be in....the debate will be everywhere else

12-0? How about 11-1 or 10-2?
by irishlawyer  (2020-09-16 09:53:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Half of the teams in the Integer are like playing FCS teams.

Will UM with a 100+ point loss to OSU qualify?
by graNDfan  (2020-09-16 10:50:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Praying Day can pull that off....