you can take this quote
by jt (2020-09-16 13:12:42)

In reply to: Our QB progression speaks for itself  posted by BmoreIrish

“I was going to eventually play at Notre Dame. I wasn’t going to go my whole career and not play,” Jurkovec said. “But really, the main reason why I left was the frustration of not progressing. I knew coming out of high school, I needed to go somewhere and develop. I thought Notre Dame was the place. I think I developed in a lot of ways. But in quarterback play, I think I regressed in certain areas over time. It was incredibly frustrating. ... At times, it got to the point where I could not even throw the ball at all. My footwork was all jacked up.

and if you didn't know that he said it and just asked people "which former ND qb said this?" and then gave a list of qb's under Kelly, you could easily point to at least 4 or 5 potential candidates. Dayne Crist, Everett Golson, Malik Zaire, Deshone Kizer, etc.

And the fact that none of these guys made it anywhere else (often pointed to by the homer brigade) isn't really proof of anything; it takes time to completely re-work mechanics, regain confidence, and be re-taught everything that was installed incorrectly. Some guys just run out of time.

Replies: