Pregame article is up
by Jvan (2020-09-17 19:18:44)

Hopefully, I didn't make any glaring mistakes this time. You might have to start calling me Sleepy Joe Vannie.

Behind the curtain
by RJD  (2020-09-18 13:06:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I imagine having to write a post-game story somewhat limits your drinking during the game.

I could barely move after that horrid Michigan game the following morning...Rick

Moderate drinking frees up ones vocabulary
by Jvan  (2020-09-18 16:17:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heavy drinking leads to incoherence, so you're right about there being a fine line.

. . . it took more than a day! Damn it, it still lingers! *
by other_guy  (2020-09-18 14:18:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

JVan do you think this might be a Louisville 2019 type
by Camarillo Brillo  (2020-09-18 11:01:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

situation early on?

Louisville came out last season and was showing some formations that were unfamiliar to the defense and they gouged ND pretty well in the first half.

South Florida may have the same advantage. I don't think ND has a lot of film on them. Although I think our linebackers are further along now than they were last year.

Just a thought

I think they'll run on us early
by Jvan  (2020-09-18 16:19:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If we get tired, they could also run on us late. The point of my article is to get ahead of them early so they won't have the luxury of staying with the ground game in the fourth quarter. We'll see how it plays out.

There's another football game this weekend?
by Cash  (2020-09-18 00:13:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Exhausting.

Cash

Yeah, no kidding
by Jvan  (2020-09-18 10:22:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not only another football game, but a game that generates very little interest.

I can't wait until you retire so I can pass the article-writing torch to you. I hope I stay alive that long.

Where was the trigger warning?...
by Kbyrnes  (2020-09-17 20:17:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...I was at that game with our then-14-y.o. daughter and a friend of hers. I still can see the 99-yards-the-wrong-way TD in my nightmares, and hear the the loudest crack of thunder ever in ND stadium that chased the laggards into the concourse.

It'll be nice to see Lenzy and Tremble have at least respectable games. I assume our coach will have used his can of Rustoleum to cure the creaky aspects of the first game; that is, if the paint's dried by Saturday.

I was there too with my then 11 yr old son.
by Piertravlr  (2020-09-17 22:00:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is a junior at ND this year, and that game is the last time he witnessed ND lose at home. Pretty impressive record except he has endured some punishing away losses in the last 9 years (Texas, Alabama, among others).