Dabo still awfully salty about FSU not playing Saturday
by UpperEastSideIrish (2020-11-24 12:54:28)

"I’m not really worried much about what they say down there in Tallahassee. I’ve been in this league 18 years, I’ve been the head coach for 12. They’ve had three head coaches in four years."

He took a symptomatic kid on a plane and was surprised that FSU didn’t want to play when he tested positive.

My guess - he’s angry at himself that he took that chance and now isn’t going to get a week off prior to Notre Dame. That would have been an enormous advantage and he squandered it.

When you can get ACC refs to pick up flags at your command..
by Scoop80  (2020-11-24 17:11:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You don't expect the Blanche Dubois of the ACC to defy you.

If ND and Clemson are both in the Top 4
by Nyirish08  (2020-11-24 15:29:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wouldn't it be in the interest of the ACC to find a reason to kill off the conference championship this year in the interest of safety? Unnecessary travel for limited to no financial gain, and the teams have also battled each other hard already.

$$$$$ *
by 1NDGal  (2020-11-24 15:57:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think you could pull that off at this point
by dwjm3  (2020-11-24 15:53:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

People would see it as an attempt to get two teams in the playoff. I don't think anybody would be fooled.

They could lose to Pitt.
by Tex Francisco  (2020-11-24 15:22:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pitt is playing pretty well, and Clemson has had a lot of off-field drama of late. While it's unlikely they'll lose, I wouldn't be shocked to see Pitt make a game out of it.

Good article in the Athletic about it
by ndaero93  (2020-11-24 14:24:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know it is paywalled, but here are a couple points made if you don't have access:
Title: Staples: No Dabo, Florida State is not ducking you and your team

Gist:
1. Dabo is actually trying to avoid playing FSU on 12/12 (just as was stated here)
2. If ND takes care of business, they also should NOT need to play Wake on 12/12 if Clemson is off that week. It would be tough for the ACC to justify making ND play but not Clemson and ND has a right to raise and push that issue.

With full respect to you and to The Athletic, since when has
by 1NDGal  (2020-11-24 15:57:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND had to play by the same rules as everyone else? Or, in many cases, when has it wanted to?

If Wake wants to play us — whether for the money or the TV exposure or just because their guys really want to say they played this awesome team — I don’t see how ND can say no.

If Wake is like, “oh um well December 12 is awfully close to Christmas and all“ ... K, bye! Happy Holidays, see ya around!

if ND beats UNC and Cuse, it shouldn't have to play Wake...
by melanzana  (2020-11-24 14:02:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...if Clemson doesn't have to play Florida State the Saturday before the championship game.

Is it in ND's best interest for both games to be played?
by Tex Francisco  (2020-11-24 15:16:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly seems to do a lot better in big regular season games than bowl games, which may support the thesis that extra time seems to help our opponents more than it helps us.

If Miami wins out Clemson has to make up that game.
by Ironcityirish  (2020-11-24 13:40:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Top 2 teams by winning percentage make the ACC champ game. Or they can just skip it and play in the final four.

That is not accurate
by GoDomers  (2020-11-24 13:48:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From the ACC tie breaking rules:

"Furthermore, in the event there is an unequal total number of conference games played among teams tied in the loss column, head-to-head results will take precedence over win-percentage."

So if Clemson plays fewer games that Miami and both have 1 loss, Clemson still gets in.

My mistake. Thank you. *
by Ironcityirish  (2020-11-24 14:11:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He wasn't symptomatic on the plane and had multiple (-) test *
by rkellyatrecess  (2020-11-24 13:29:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

People won’t let facts get in the way of their agendas
by acrossdmiddle  (2020-11-24 17:44:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clemson played by ACC rules and FSU opted out of the game (as they were permitted to do by the ACC). I don’t think Clemson should have to pay for another trip after FSU turned down the game. If FSU doesn’t want to travel to Clemson (or pay for Clemson’s trip to FSU) the game should be cancelled. This isn’t at all analogous to our situation with Wake. We should play Wake if we’re both healthy enough to play.

Dabo is definitely not angry at himself. He is angry at the
by 1NDGal  (2020-11-24 13:04:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ACC for allowing FSU to make its own decision. He is very worried that the ACC will make him play FSU on December 12, so he is preemptively establishing Clemson as the victim in the court of public opinion.

And if Clemson is not forced to play, but Wake wants to play ND, no way will ND get its own week off before the ACCC.

All of this discussion is of course moot if ND does not take care of business and win out. UNC wants this one bad.

Screw him, do it anyway.
by gordonbombay  (2020-11-24 14:11:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Win out, play and beat Wake Forest Dec. 12, and beat Clemson again on Dec. 19. I'd love to play by Dabo's own ridiculous rules and kick his ass anyway. What a clown.

There's absolutely a 100 percent chance this is really about wanting that Dec. 12 bye week. Dabo is a complete damn fraud, but he's never this ridiculous about it - a clear tell that the underlying issue is the real one.

A complete fraud?
by ndtnguy  (2020-11-24 14:37:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has an .810 win percentage as a head coach and has won two national titles.

Call him a manipulative, whining, ref-intimidating loudmouth, but "complete fraud" is a stretch.

Personally, not as a coach.
by gordonbombay  (2020-11-24 15:05:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's obviously a fantastic football coach.

Yep. Remember the hair gel comments
by Flanner89  (2020-11-24 15:41:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I came to that same conclusion after he responded when his lineman tested positive for those PEDs before we played them in the CFB playoff semi-final. Two parts of his explanation really smelled rotten to me, "that PED is in everything" and "we are going to get to the bottom of this."
Here's the first fraudulent part: if that PED is in everything, then how come only your lineman failed the test? Not the rest of your players or anyone from ND that took the same tests.
Also, the logical thing to do if you really want to get to the bottom of it is administer other tests to see who else fails, so then you can figure out what is unique about that group. At one point he hinted that it may have been in a specific hot tub the lineman used. A reporter asked Dabo about that sometime after the game. Dabo said they were not going to do any additional testing.
Seems obvious to me that Dabo was using his dad-gummit Bobby Bowden good-ole-boy speak to manipulate public perception.

This game really scares me
by ND76  (2020-11-24 13:55:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As was pointed out earlier, a real trap game.