UNC Preview is up (link)
by Jvan (2020-11-25 11:48:29)

Hopefully we’ve gotten the fumbles out of our system *
by milhouse  (2020-11-25 20:44:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And the dropped interceptions. No more time for that. *
by 1NDGal  (2020-11-25 20:56:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've got an uneasy feeling about this one.
by Irishdemon  (2020-11-25 13:20:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably a case of, "hold me" I guess - but I don't know, something isn't sitting right.

I don't care for the way ND's secondary played at BC and the thought of a shoot-out Friday is unsettling - especially with two new starters on the offensive line and Williams and Flemister banged up.

I do however trust Clark Lea - so that's comforting.

Book has keep up the level of play we've seen out him the last two games.

UNC was beaten by both FSU and Virginia.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-11-25 18:51:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That fact alone should drop your blood pressure a bit. They are quite bad in red-zone defense.

True, they've never been held under 26 points this year, but while they played two top-25 teams already, neither of those teams is currently ranked and they haven't played anyone in the top-15 until now.

They will score some points.
by Goldhelmethead  (2020-11-25 18:14:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can see Howell going after C.Lewis.

Williams will be good to go and we might see some more of Tyree. Nice chance for him to have a break out game if he gets going.

I think Lea will be more aggressive and take a few more shots at Howell.

The uneasy feeling is part of a 10 year conditioning under Kelly.
He needs to figure out a way to win and it doesn't need to be pretty.

Isaiah Foskey is licking his chops. Howell is dead meat. *
by hibernianangst  (2020-11-25 16:26:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unleash the dogs from hell, err the Arch Angels above! *
by Voisman  (2020-11-25 21:38:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unless Foskey is in coverage 25 yds downfield
by Hanratty5ND  (2020-11-25 21:13:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like vs BC.

I know he is a great athlete--but I would rather see him get after the QB than try to cover guys in the back of the end zone.

Lea needs to better utilize him Friday. Pressure.

It is his time. I look forward to it. *
by knutesteen  (2020-11-25 19:54:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Isaiah is thurston for Howell
by RJD  (2020-11-25 19:37:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mrs. Lovey Howell:
Don't just stand there Thurston-run!

Thurston Howell III:
A Howell *never* runs in the face of danger! [sound of explosion] he walks *very* fast.

Listen to Walter.
by ArasEra  (2020-11-25 15:17:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hoping it's more like '18 Syracuse at Yankee Stadium
by TheRosadoBrothers  (2020-11-25 15:05:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We played our best game of the year going up against what was believed to be a quality opponent. QB Dungey was smothered (and maybe hurt -cant recall) and it turned into a blowout. Can always hope.

Dungey went out in 1st quarter with upper body injury
by trout  (2020-11-25 17:56:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The back-up was sacked 6 times and intercepted twice.

Final score 38-3

I was at the game. Very cool watching ND in Yankee Stadium

This is the first game I’ve had bad feelings about going in
by athlete37  (2020-11-25 14:28:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even Clemson I felt calm at the opportunity. Hope I’m wrong and we win 45-21

Listen to Walter.
by ArasEra  (2020-11-25 15:17:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice touch *
by athlete37  (2020-11-25 16:11:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lea's D has been somewhat exposed
by Hanratty5ND  (2020-11-25 13:56:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

These last 2 games.

As Jvan noted, a big key will be how much pressure the Irish front 4 can apply.

And that's the real problem with this D. Even against weak OL's--ND's Front 4 haven't really been great in applying good and consistent pressure this season.

Lack of pass rush will expose ND's other great defensive weakness: The secondary. Too many holes back there that get exposed against better offenses. ND played some horrific offenses the first 6 games.

Key to win this week is to score TD's in RZ and no turnovers(no punts would be great).

Pressure Howell. Force some TO's. Intercept Howell when he hopefully throws a pass or two into our DB's hands.

Lea has some personnel issues on the back end.
by Irishdemon  (2020-11-25 14:58:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think when I say I have confidence in him, I mean I trust him to use the best coverages to combat Howell and what Carolina is trying to do. I trust him to dial up timely blitzes and I think he'll always make proper adjustments if the Heels have early success.

This secondary has to be leading the country in dropped interceptions. Hopefully they can hang on to a few if they get opportunities Friday.

Also, in terms of a 4-man rush, it would be nice to see Foskey have a coming out party in this game. I'm pretty sure Hayes will show up.