'22 TE Jack Nickel has withdrawn his ND commitment
by ribs (2021-04-13 17:38:37)

There was a lot of speculation about how many tight ends ND would take in the '22 class. This might simplify things a bit. Raridon and Staes?

penny for his thoughts *
by fourputtmd  (2021-04-14 16:46:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Uncle Billy warned George not to take any plug nickels.
by irishintheville  (2021-04-14 13:49:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BK and Uncle Billy are of like minds.

A Nickel ain't worth a dime anymore
by Freight Train  (2021-04-14 11:55:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was it ever Yogi?

I used to get a Hersey's bar for a nickel.
by Camarillo Brillo  (2021-04-14 14:13:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A nickel!

The other schools are looking to steal a wooden Nickel *
by TheRosadoBrothers  (2021-04-14 09:36:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So is this a penny ante outfit instead of a...
by CoachS  (2021-04-14 08:41:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...Nickel and dime operation?

Do we want Nickel back? *
by Stonebreaker9  (2021-04-14 08:19:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BK failed to squeeze even one quarter out of that Nickel *
by Frank Drebin  (2021-04-14 06:29:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for your two cents... *
by drmurray  (2021-04-14 08:19:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Joey Nichols from Annie Hall?
by knutesteen  (2021-04-13 20:07:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2. Joey Nichols

"When Alvy takes Annie and Rob “back” to his youth, he gets to see that bothersome friend of the family, Joey Nichols. Joey Nichols thinks that the fact his name is a homonym with “nickels” ought to blow any kid’s mind. “Nichols! You see? Nickels!” he bellows, slapping a nickel on his forehead. “You can always remember my name, just think of Joey Five Cents! That’s me! Joey Five Cents!”

The young Alvy Singer (nine-year-old Jonathan Munk) gets probably the biggest belly laugh in the whole picture when he sighs “whaaaaat an asshole!”

ND didn't pull his scholarship (wink, wink).
by MrE  (2021-04-13 19:18:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Closing the gap with the football factories, at least with these tactics.

nowhere near what was said. *
by 84david  (2021-04-14 15:40:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is there any evidence to support that assertion?
by enduff  (2021-04-14 09:03:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did the offer get pulled? Had we committed to not recruiting other TEs?

Here's some commentary on the move . . . .
by notra_dahm  (2021-04-14 07:19:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Irish Breakdown-- Jack Nickel De-Committed From Notre Dame, Why And What's Next

he spends the first 4-5 minutes babbling
by MrE  (2021-04-14 09:25:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

about how it was "mutual." Reminds me of the sales rep handling an objection the prospect never surfaced.

I'm guessing his "source" - if he did anything more than guess - is ND staff.

I wonder if ND told the recruit they'd be taking 3 TE's when they started recruiting him. Sure.

Nickel's Dad posted during the YouTube live
by LeLuni  (2021-04-14 21:05:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He wished ND the best. So much for your brilliant thesis.

Does nothing to change my “thesis.” *
by MrE  (2021-04-14 21:41:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

retracted. It was SI, but a different author.
by MrE  (2021-04-14 09:45:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

same site, but the article was written by a guy named Plummer with the following article written by the mouthpiece that was bumbling on about it yesterday.

Here's what Driskell wrote about Nickel previously:

FILM ANALYSIS

Nickel has some throwback to his game, possessing good size for his age to go with quality athletic skills and the potential to be an impact edge blocker in time.

Nickel is listed at 6-4 and 230 pounds, but he has the frame that should allow him to grow another inch and add at least 20 more pounds before he graduates high school.

The Milton standout is a weapon over the middle and up the seams. He isn't an overly explosive athlete that you have to worry about outrunning defenders across the field or getting over the top of the defense. What he does possess is good agility and balance, and he's a tough pass catcher that has no issue locking in on the ball in traffic.

He tracks the deep ball extremely well and snatches the ball out of the air. There is work needed from a route running standpoint, and Nickel must learn to better use his size and reach to his advantage, but there are tools there to work with. As he gets bigger and stronger his ability to dominate in close areas will only be enhanced.

Nickel is a willing blocker, and as he matures and gets stronger it should become a significant strength of his game. This was a quality pickup for Notre Dame. Nickel is just scratching the surface of how good he can be.

typical. I bet this guy was totally understanding
by jt  (2021-04-14 10:32:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when Eddie Vanderdoes decided that he wanted to go somewhere else.

These recruitnik assholes really have zero shame.

This is how BK reminds me of what he really is *
by Father Nieuwland  (2021-04-13 19:20:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No need to dime him out. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2021-04-13 18:14:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So Nikels could drop dimes?
by Goldhelmethead  (2021-04-13 22:09:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I could see that.

TEs Staes & Raridon (legacy) appear to be stronger prospects
by Hickster  (2021-04-13 18:11:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He might have looked at ND's depth and other TEs considering ND, and decided his football career would be better served elsewhere. Nickel from Georgia (3-Star #23 rated TE by 247) was the 2nd recruit to verbal to ND, so it is not surprising that he decommitted.

If ND gets 2 TEs then Raridon will probably commit soon and Staes (4-Star #10 rated TE - also from Georgia), has been offered by all the elite SEC teams), and appears to be an ND lean. This decommit doesn't appear to sting too badly.

I wish Nickel the best going forward, and he has a good career.

It probably doesn't "simplify things" for Nickel *
by garbageplate  (2021-04-13 18:00:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But it might for his little brother *
by ribs  (2021-04-13 21:33:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jack Nickel...for Earth Wind and Fire...and little brother *
by Father Nieuwland  (2021-04-14 09:25:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post