Chris Zorich show w/ Frank Stams 04/15 @7:00 pm cst
by 512 (2021-04-14 15:01:02)

Should be a lot of laughs. Moff, call in and share some of those pranks from the day.

-------------------

Facebook & YouTube Tomorrow on The Zorich Podcast
7pm CT/8pm ET

Facebook - https://lnkd.in/gJfhp3Q
YouTube.com/chriszorich50

I’ll be interviewing University of Notre Dame Football 🏈☘️Legend, All-American, fellow ‘88 National Champion & NFL veteran - Frank Stams ‼️

Smoking cigars at practice?
by molecular  (2021-04-15 09:33:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe Moff knows if this is true, but I recall stories of Stams and maybe Ned Bolcar smoking cigars under their helmets during practice, and then blowing out the smoke as they ran the drill and made the tackle

If that is true, I wish I was there to see it.

That was Wes Pritchett. One of the old timers watching
by Moff  (2021-04-15 09:43:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

practice from the sidelines was smoking a cigar and Wes took it and started smoking while playing MLB. Clouds of smoke coming out of his helmet to go with that wild eye southern boy look. Not out of character for him. He also continued playing in the 1988 Miami game with a broken hand and had about 12 tackles thereafter. He once punched me in the arm in practice just to gauge my reaction. No windup, just a friendly little jab. I felt like I’d been hit by a baseball bat. He was that rare combo of National Merit Semi-Finalist and badass linebacker. It could have been Frank too re the cigars but I know it was Wes. Good times.

The cigar came from Tim Prister if I recall correctly. *
by 512  (2021-04-15 11:49:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will always remember Zorich.
by Goldhelmethead  (2021-04-14 21:51:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

CVS.

He was angry at the Miami Pep Rally.