NCAA turns down Bush's Heisman return request . . . (link)
by other_guy (2021-07-28 16:43:05)

Never understood the argument.
by revressbo  (2021-07-28 18:34:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If I get a ticket for going 68 in a 60, I can’t ask the government to refund my fine 10 years later, just because at that time the speed limit increased to 70.

ETA: That’s not referring to my opinion of the rule; I think athletes should be allowed to profit off NIL.

Was his even NIL? Wasn’t it an agent giving benefits?
by GolfJunkie17  (2021-07-28 18:49:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t think his infraction would be within today’s rules. I never understood why the Bush conversation came up with NIL, it wasn’t like he got in trouble for getting paid for promotional appearances. Unless free housing for parents is cool under the new NIL rules and I’m missing something.

Also, Reggie Bush and all associated with USC are pieces of shit, so screw him anyways. Maybe SC should let him back on campus so him and the Juice can hang on the sidelines as proud men of Troy.