For sheer football results I'd say a 6
by BmoreIrish (2022-05-07 17:44:59)

In reply to: Poll: what is your confidence level for freeman (1-10 scale)  posted by Athlete37

Being purely rational, ND is simply not a learn-on-the-job institution. As much as I have bought into Freeman the human being, delivering results on the field is not easy. My guess is we will drop a couple of head-scratchers in the first year.

My genuine hope is that while we lose a game we shouldn't we also win a game we wouldn't have under Kelly. I think Freeman needs something like that to keep recruiting rolling and get the talent to level up while he grows into the role.

Worst case scenario is we go something like 8-4 or 7-5 and can't sustain the recruiting, leaving us with both a talent and coaching experience issue.

Having said all that, I haven't cared this much about ND football in, quite literally, a decade. I desperately want to believe that Freeman embracing ND in the way that he has will lead to results because if he does ND will return to its rightful place as a leader in college football and the sports world in general.