Based on your scale: This year? 7. His entire tenure? 8.
by revressbo (2022-05-07 19:22:48)
Edited on 2022-05-07 19:42:19

In reply to: Poll: what is your confidence level for freeman (1-10 scale)  posted by Athlete37

I think we may drop a game this year that BK wouldn’t, but I think we have a better chance against OSU and Clemson than BK would.

I think after a few years, we will have the talent to win a national championship, but (without having seen him be the HC for anything more than a bowl prep/game in unusual circumstances) I don’t think it’s correct or fair to say it’s “very likely”.

ETA: One other thing I’ll add: if Freeman fizzles out, which I hope doesn’t happen not just for our sake, but for his too (because he seems like a great guy who loves ND), he’s ALREADY proven BK’s “shopping down a different aisle” rubbish was a bunch of crap. MF could literally go 0-24 and be fired at the end of the 2023 season and, at least, he has proven ND can still recruit at an elite level, which so many people (both internally - i.e., most of the fanbase, Swarbrick, etc. - and externally) didn’t think was possible due to Kelly’s BS to lower the expectations/pressure on himself. That alone would be a pretty big deal when hiring the next coach.