The Bus Graduates (link)
by SEE (2022-05-12 22:41:03)
Edited on 2022-05-13 07:50:32

Well, he did promise his mom he would come back and graduate *
by Wass  (2022-05-15 21:08:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We would’ve been number one in 1993 if he had
by milhouse  (2022-05-13 21:38:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

stayed. No doubt in my mind we would have had a national championship in my senior year if he hadn’t left.

I know he made the right choice for him. But damn.

Should have been named Commencement speaker *
by SB Jimbo  (2022-05-13 17:01:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm eternally grateful for his 2 runs to close out 1/92...
by Scoop80  (2022-05-13 14:06:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sugar. That game meant a LOT to me personally for a whole host of reasons. I worked in a firm w/ a fair # of UF alums (including managing partner) then, and I had visions of hearing from long lost law school classmates had UF won.

He should be named an honorary captain when UF visits ND in 2031.

I never get tired of rewatching the 4th quarter *
by ram  (2022-05-15 07:31:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I worked in Tampa then with ~100 UF, 100 FSU and 100 UM
by BtD  (2022-05-14 20:35:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Grads on a giant project for Andersen consulting (now called Accenture). There were 2 ND guys on our project. That possibly was the best day of my life. It took the entire crew out in one shot.

Agree. I was in the Superdome for that -
by ndhouston  (2022-05-13 14:24:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most fun I have ever had as an ND fan.

Cheerios, Spurrier. Cheerios.

I got to be on the field for that game. We beat
by ndaero93  (2022-05-14 17:33:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the crap out of them up front and by the 4th quarter, they didn't want anything to do with our o-line, Bettis, or anyone. They were matadors on those last two TDs.

And yes, it had to have been about 8-1 Gator fans in the dome that day - but all you heard was ND at the end.

Great win!
by bullah  (2022-05-13 18:15:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was there as well. Large UF crowd. Surrounded by UF fans. They were mocking ND and leprechaun all game long. Until the Bus took over. Me and some friends loved mocking them with Gator chomp in the 4th. Pat O’Briens was fun post game. I think!

He’s done much better than I do in my recurring nightmare of
by IAND75  (2022-05-13 14:06:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

going back to ND for school. I flunk every class. The young kids are so much smarter than me. And I always have at least one final where I forgot I was signed up for the class and didn’t go to a single class.

I’m impressed that he was able to do this at his age and stage in life. It couldn’t have been easy. Quite an accomplishment.

I DID go back to school and I agree
by tf86  (2022-05-16 11:19:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Getting a post-baccalaureate degree is not exactly the same thing as being an undergrad at ND, but still.

Oh, and I have that same nightmare about a final in a class I forgot I had and never attended. Back in my ND days, my recurring nightmare was oversleeping and missing a final exam. That actually occurred to someone in my dorm the year before I got there. Not surprisingly, he had flunked out by the time I arrived.

I have that same nightmare
by lwegs  (2022-05-13 16:32:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

about having to take a final for a class I forgot I signed up for! Scary! And we are both '75 grads...from Keenan! Moohahaha!!!

My nightmare has me finally figuring out where the exam is,
by BeastOfBourbon  (2022-05-13 17:29:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I show up late dressed only in my tighty-whities. And maybe a pair of socks.

It could be worse
by LuckyMcD  (2022-05-15 21:28:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You could be dressed only in a sock.

Smarter than I *
by PWK2  (2022-05-13 16:22:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Amazing how common and pervasive that nightmare is. *
by Marine Domer  (2022-05-13 15:04:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Same
by The Oak  (2022-05-13 20:52:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I go to the professor and plead with them to let me make up the work for the semester so I will not lose my scholarship.

Not me - I go back, become valedictorian, lead the Irish
by Irish 1978  (2022-05-13 16:42:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to a National Championship, and date a cheerleader.

But hey, your dreams are good too.

Yep.
by NDBob  (2022-05-13 15:23:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have the signed-up but never attended one once or twice a year. Usually involved not even knowing where I'm supposed to go for the final.

Yep. And I can’t find my schedule printout. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2022-05-13 19:08:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have this dream all the time. *
by krudler  (2022-05-13 16:58:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Same. It's the classic anxiety dream for a former college..
by Marine Domer  (2022-05-13 15:59:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

student. For me, being on trial can trigger it.

You will stop being on trial if you stop being arrested. 😎 *
by Homeboy73  (2022-05-13 17:44:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congrats Bus. Breaking out my #6 cut-off at midriff jersey! *
by EmilT76  (2022-05-13 12:48:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would but my nipples show. *
by Irish72  (2022-05-13 16:26:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As St. Ed’s rector said, underboob is okay, but not the nips *
by Inigomontoya  (2022-05-14 19:19:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Semi-OT from his LinkedIn post
by maniactranspodriver  (2022-05-13 11:57:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the responses I learned that Lake Dawson is an assistant director of college scouting with my Bills! Looks like he has had a good NFL front office career since his playing days.

Was in Fr. Miceli's theology with both Lake and the Bus. Good times!

It is very impressive that Mr. Bettis did this. A member of
by Irish 1978  (2022-05-13 11:31:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the pro football Hall of Fame, I’m sure he is quite well off financially, and yet getting his degree was so important to him he came back for a semester.

Well done sir.

And let’s not forget
by LuckyMcD  (2022-05-15 21:35:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That Mendoza is much harder than his first time through.

The wheels go round and round. *
by PWK2  (2022-05-13 11:06:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good for him! One of my all time favorite players. *
by DrunkenIrishPoet  (2022-05-13 10:43:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post