Sullivan Absher is Irish. *
by Steel_City_Irish (2022-05-13 16:18:08)

This user did not provide content for this post

"Devastating run blocker."
by austindomer  (2022-05-14 15:06:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's the full quote from the 247sports talent scout:

"Verified size with plus length. Well-proportioned frame with room for development...Lines up at tackle for South Point and is [a] physical, devastating run blocker. Athleticism shines through when in space. Fires off quickly, up and into defensive player. Plays with quick feet and balance. Has strong base and once engaged is able to push defensive player back at point of attack. Scrapes and gets to second level easily. Plays with strong, heavy hands and finishes blocks consistently. Excellent down blocker. Lateral movement is very good and allows for wide splits."

I don't know if this actually means something or if it's just the sort of thing that gets bandied about when scouts try and think of things to say about recruits. But if this guy plays in a run-heavy offense and specializes in shoving guys off the line, maybe it's an indicator of change in scheme.

A man can hope.

Played hoops in HS
by Goldhelmethead  (2022-05-15 12:50:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Will most likely be verified at 6'7 and play well over 300lbs.

Good feet should help him become a good college pass blocker

Reminds me of another OL...
by Wass  (2022-05-15 21:19:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Orlando Pace also played HS basketball. My dad worked the clock in a game he played in. Dad said the big man was surprisingly agile for someone well over 300 lbs. I'd like to see his basketball highlights. Playing basketball can really help with footwork.

good to see you posting Wass
by jt  (2022-05-16 00:40:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

long time no see. I hope that all is well.

I hope to be around more...
by Wass  (2022-05-16 19:30:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...since I have more time on my hands right now. I am undergoing to health issues right now and it's been a rough couple of years. But I am into recruiting again for the first time in a long time!

Tim Ridder and Bert Berry were ridiculously good hoopsters. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2022-05-15 22:14:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

let's get even more recent
by jt  (2022-05-16 00:43:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

my man Q.

McGlinchey was a low-level D-I bball prospect, I believe. *
by revressbo  (2022-05-16 19:29:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Imagine stepping in to take a charge from him. Yikes. *
by Marine Domer  (2022-05-16 14:31:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If we don’t get Moore it won’t matter
by acrossdmiddle  (2022-05-13 21:05:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But this can’t hurt our case.

Maybe we should just take Less and be satisfied *
by Frank Drebin  (2022-05-14 09:35:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Personally, I’d do Moore with Less *
by bmoreirish  (2022-05-14 09:50:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s called The Irish Curse. *
by shawno3  (2022-05-15 19:48:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least Kelly is gone so we won't be doing less with moore *
by NDBob  (2022-05-15 15:46:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is more or less accurate *
by Drmurray  (2022-05-14 12:09:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure how you pronounce it or anything
by cmhirish  (2022-05-14 09:57:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Do you ever just get down on your knees and thank god that
by ArasEra  (2022-05-14 14:32:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you know me and have access to my dementia?"

Must’ve gotten a new cook in the Gug *
by BigEND  (2022-05-13 20:11:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is Jagusah the only remaining key O-line recruit to commit? *
by IAND75  (2022-05-13 18:56:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Monroe Freeling *
by revressbo  (2022-05-13 19:18:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

two of Freeling, Jagusah, Okunlola (5-star OT)?
by MrE  (2022-05-13 19:44:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is that realistic. A 4-man class along those lines would seem to meet the standard for ND OL recruiting. All 5 would be terrific

I. P. Freeling? *
by Stonebreaker9  (2022-05-13 23:50:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A Rise of the Triad fan, I see. *
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-05-14 11:27:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More than a Freeling *
by ndanajones  (2022-05-13 23:51:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Freelings nothing more than Freelings. *
by ArasEra  (2022-05-14 18:09:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I. P. Daily *
by RJD  (2022-05-14 07:06:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't he write "Yellow River?"
by knutesteen  (2022-05-14 21:46:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, I'm still 12 years old.

No, that was "Rusty Bedsprings"
by El Kabong  (2022-05-14 22:23:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh wait, that was I. P. Nightly.

I.P. Standing *
by BeastOfBourbon  (2022-05-14 19:50:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wouldn’t bet on Okunlola *
by DBCooper  (2022-05-13 20:43:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was all Clemson a few weeks ago. Great job. *
by Nut  (2022-05-13 16:54:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with a first name like that, he had no choice *
by jt  (2022-05-13 16:43:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Getting back to Oline U
by Jvan  (2022-05-13 16:32:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All we will need is an OC who wants to run the ball.

It's funny you say that
by Wass  (2022-05-15 21:23:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My dad watched a lot more college ball as of late than I have as of late, and he noticed that the college game is start to feature more running. If you have an effective running game and can control the ball and, thus, the clock, you are in a better position to win. Of course, armchair QBs want to do nothing but pass the ball, but if you remember some of Holtz' most dominating teams would run the sh*t out of the ball. They had great backs abs great O-linemen.

A good running team has the defense winded by the 3rd Qtr
by mkovac  (2022-05-16 17:18:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As Lou used to say, "The first string should be on the bench by the 4th Quarter, drinking Cokes."

We were spoiled by Lou's and Joe Moore's offenses. Now we miss them.

As Joni Mitchell sang:

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone

We are going to run the ball a ton this year
by oneill3b  (2022-05-15 21:08:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In fact, the run game will be the focal point of the offense. In the bowl game, the OC was aware that his OL couldn’t run block effectively against a good run defense because they needed better coaching. Which is why we have a new OL coach.

What a load of bunk *
by ACross  (2022-05-15 22:41:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We’ll see. There’s a reason they are recruiting a ton of RBs
by oneill3b  (2022-05-17 20:54:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And just secured a visit from the sort of recruit ND hasn’t landed in decades (5* number one RB in the country from Florida).

Perhaps they can convert a 3rd and 2 with a run soon *
by JBrock18  (2022-05-14 14:16:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't give Freeman a pass on that.
by 84david  (2022-05-13 17:30:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The HC should always have the veto power over playcalling.

He'll get there once Rees calls too many end zone fades
by Jvan  (2022-05-13 19:23:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Right now Freeman feels a bit reluctant to meddle in the offense. He needs to get over it.

We only have one game to judge Freeman's influence on
by Camarillo Brillo  (2022-05-14 09:24:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the offense. I wish he had overruled Rees and put in Buchner to jump start the offense in the second half of the Fiesta Bowl. But it is not entirely unreasonable for a brand new head coach in his first game to defer to his coordinators. There is no reason to believe, based on that one game that A) Rees will never call running plays and B) that Freeman won't exert his control as a head coach.

It is obvious to me that Freeman realized the one thing this program needs more than anything is a huge upgrade in recruiting. And he is doing it. The dude is recruiting like a freaking madman. If he can bring in Dante Moore and keep all the current recruits, and keep adding players like he's been getting, he will have the number one recruiting class in his first year as head coach.

amen to that. *
by 84david  (2022-05-13 20:27:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, but what if the defense doesn't let you run by
by krudler  (2022-05-13 16:55:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

showing 8 men in the box? There's just no solution to that, even if it means passing 40 times in a hurricane!

the preferred nomenclature is "+2 in the box"
by jt  (2022-05-13 18:24:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and even when it isn't true (UM 2013) the usual suspects will eat it up.

Do we play zone or man in the box?
by Moff  (2022-05-13 17:55:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Man.

Here comes your man.
by SWPaDem  (2022-05-14 09:08:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Info (link)
by PWK2  (2022-05-13 16:20:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post