Cal(76th) is 50 spots better than UNC and only 18 behind ND
by cujays96 (2022-09-30 15:21:58)

In reply to: I think that depends on how much our OL has really improved.  posted by ndroman21

I would call Cal's D average. BYU's defense is ranked 37th. Marshall's defense is 31st but they and Ohio State, 18th, definitely caught ND's offense at, what we hope, is the low point.

Their numbers are bolstered by our performance....
by Marine Domer  (2022-09-30 15:35:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Marshall was the only really unforgivable sin so far this season. The team played a tough game on the road against an elite OSU team. Had them on the ropes. I think the game plan was solid overall, although there were some second half flaws.

The Cal game was a weak effort on offense, especially the first half, but perhaps a learning/turning point, despite Rees' stubborn and flat our stupid play calling the first quarter against UNC. The second half against UNC was a thing of beauty, marred only by the Estime fumble, and the stupid QB sneak on 4th and goal.

Marshall was just a shit show from beginning to end. Indefensible. But hopefully we've moved on from that. The team could easily have fallen apart, but has not so far.