How are we feeling about Paul Chryst?
by irishridgeback (2022-10-01 16:22:30)

Woot, Wisconsin has not looked good the past few years and then to get blown out by Illinois today at home. Wonder if Barry starts heating up his seat.

Now Fired *
by ndjustin  (2022-10-02 21:23:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This was inevitable.
by usaf_irish  (2022-10-03 07:34:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know if Wisconsin can get to the level of Ohio State with the right coach or if going 10-2 and 11-1 every year is their zenith.

But their DC was going to be a head coach sooner or later. They just pulled the trigger early. Now, what does his offense look like going forward? Does he go the spread route or stick with their ground and pound? If it's the later, well, there still won't be any reason to worry about Wisconsin.

I don't think the spread would help them
by TheRC  (2022-10-04 11:54:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They absolutely should stick with the ground and pound, but they need to improve their passing game to complement it better. Balance early on to gain the lead and keep the opponents offense off the field, then begin squeezing out more runs to bleed clock and force the opposing offense to go pass heavy into a stout defense.

I don't think much helps.
by usaf_irish  (2022-10-06 08:51:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They're Iowa with a better college town.

They're never going to get enough high end talent out of the hotbed states to compete on the same level with the heavyweights from the Big Ten, SEC, or Clemson.

If they stick in the West when USC comes onboard, they're going to be hard pressed to compete for conference titles.

Barry? Retired last year. Current AD is Chris McIntosh *
by tar  (2022-10-01 16:41:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which is why he doesn't have protection from the AD anymore. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2022-10-01 21:45:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post