Junior or senior?
by BigEND (2022-11-27 21:40:15)

In reply to: Charlie Weis. I’m not kidding if his ego could handle it.  posted by arch_moore

Putting aside the obvious family issue, Junior isn’t an entirely preposterous idea. He’s worked under some great coaches.

they're both preposterous, for different reasons
by jt  (2022-11-27 21:46:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the reasons against dad are obvious. Perhaps if he repaid ND some of the money it paid him not to coach here (as opposed to celebrating the anniversary with cheap beer every year) it might be worth considering.

Junior might have worked for some great coaches, but I don't believe he's ever run an offense nor has he called plays. The next guy who walks through that door needs a lot of experience at doing both.

Jr. is better prepared for that job than the incumbent is...
by Scoop80  (2022-11-27 22:04:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The very idea of Saban, Harbaugh, Day, Riley, Smart, Swinney (or any HC not named "Kelly" of a top 15 team) interviewing (much less hiring) a candidate w/ Rees' resume would be laughable. Whether Rees returns is a critical question as to MF's future at ND and as to the seriousness with which the program is treated by ND.

while I don't disagree
by jt  (2022-11-27 22:35:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the idea of doubling down on that concept and hiring someone who is just slightly more prepared is a foolish move given the circumstances.

I'm not advocating Jr under any circumstances...
by Scoop80  (2022-11-27 23:01:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm using his example to point out the absurdity of Savvy's status quo.