Tom Clements as QB Coach
by Remember_Its_Denver (2022-11-28 10:47:47)

In reply to: Who are the top OC candidates to keep an eye on?  posted by BigEND

I doubt that Rees will be fired. Clements could serve as a strong mentor for a couple of years. What QB transfer wouldn't want to play for Aaron Rogers' QB coach?

ND missed out on not hiring Clements as HC instead of Weis *
by thethinman  (2022-11-28 19:19:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hard to see Clements agreeing to work under Tommy McVey. *
by IrishGeek  (2022-11-28 12:37:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How many qb coaches has Aaron Rodgers had?
by Nathan  (2022-11-28 11:44:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Serious question - I don’t know. Charlie Weis was “Tom Brady’s quarterback coach.” I bet more than a dozen others also were “Tom Brady’s quarterback coach.”

Rodgers has been useless this year *
by ACross  (2022-11-28 11:08:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Track down the articles on Love and Clements
by btd  (2022-11-28 12:26:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rodgers also goes into detail on precisely what clements does to transform QBs into being extremely accurate throwers with very good fundamentals. Supposedly that’s what he did again with Love over the past year.

broken thumb hasn't helped, I'm sure *
by jt  (2022-11-28 11:42:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Taking ayahuasca might not have helped either *
by DBCooper  (2022-11-28 12:39:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Love is the better example than Rodgers. I didn’t watch
by CAFB4ND  (2022-11-28 11:15:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any of Love’s performance last night but if the reports are accurate that he has improved dramatically that would be a far better indicator than the performance of a banged up, headstrong idiot that probably doesn’t take much coaching these days.

Love looked good, he'll be fine *
by discNDav  (2022-11-28 11:45:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With Jordan Love's brief but hopeful appearance last night,
by G.K.Chesterton  (2022-11-28 11:04:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

one of the Packers beat writers last night regurgitated Rodgers' comments from earlier this year on Clements getting Love fixed.

It’s hard to determine in which area of his game Love showed more growth, because the difference was extreme. Rodgers, who said he was proud of Love afterward, credited longtime quarterbacks coach Tom Clements for cleaning up Love’s fundamentals. The development was obvious with how much quicker Love diagnosed plays.

“Tom was huge for me in my early years,” Rodgers said, “of helping me hone the fundamentals. The drills we work on in practice always translate to game play, and I feel like he’s become much better in timing up his drops with the routes. When you do that, it allows everything to kind of flow smoothly from there. The accuracy improves and the decision making is easier because you’re just playing on time all the time.”