QB options in the portal/grad transfer market
by buffaloirish (2022-11-28 11:01:08)

The link below takes you to 247's transfer portal database (toggled to show QBs for 2023 only). Following up on JVan's enjoyable roster analysis further down the board, this will be an interesting list to watch evolve and shake out in the coming months.

Rees recruited & offered Paul Tyson
by ShillelaghHugger  (2022-11-28 14:36:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm curious what the story is here. The kid clearly didn't think he was gonna play at Bama, left for dumpster fire at ASU which is very surprising for a kid from Alabama imo. Figured he would stay in the South.

Then he can't even crack the 2 deep at ASU and got zero PT this year. He's 6'5'' and throws a nice deep ball. Mobility is low but could be a Coan type of player. Would be nice to have someone who could throw more than 25 yards.

He's a Senior with 2 years left I believe.

The 3rd string QB from a 3-9 ASU team is the answer?
by Irishdemon  (2022-11-28 15:13:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think so.

NC State quarterback Devin Leary was the 2022 ACC preseason player of the year in the ACC before getting injured this season.

He's been reportedly linked to Notre Dame already.

I would think he'd be on the top of Freeman's list of candidates.

Cade McNamara is intriguing as he was a ND commit
by Irishwest  (2022-11-28 14:08:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

going back to 2019. He was a 4/5 star depending on ranking service. Put up crazy stats in Nevada. He's a local kid, so I'm well aware of his background and had conversation with his High School Principal ( chance meeting) after the ND commitment. Solid kid. Might be some mutual interest.

Could have 2-3 years of Eligibility left.

He's no better than what we have now imo. *
by Fresno MIke  (2022-11-28 14:14:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at least he's over 6'0" *
by irishrock  (2022-11-28 14:19:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t see how he’s an upgrade.
by tdiddy07  (2022-11-28 14:12:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Slightly worse numbers than Pyne in a system also built on the run game.

Ga Tech kid would be solid option
by mrock90  (2022-11-28 13:05:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Although ND I believe had previously followed “only grad transfer” route…he’s already self selected a legitimate academic institution once….

He is a hard pass for me
by NDQuebec  (2022-11-28 14:04:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is inaccurate and turnover prone with a low completion percentage. Sort of like a Wimbush type.

Cabe McNamara
by jdh34!  (2022-11-28 12:52:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now available on the portal

Anyone know much about Jack Tuttle IU? like the height.
by 512  (2022-11-28 12:38:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And cue the Tuttle jokes.

I think he transferred from Utah. Did he even play at IU?
by ND44  (2022-11-28 12:46:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice offer list out of high school

Yes he did.
by MonkeyKnifefight  (2022-11-28 14:17:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He stepped in for Michael Penix (injury) in late 2020 and beat Wisconsin in Madison. He started the bowl game vs Ole Miss but wasn't effective. Started the 2021 season behind Penix again, but Penix went down with another injury and Tuttle took over. Not long before he himself was injured behind IU's porous offensive line.

He apparently was leading out of fall camp to be the starter but staff went with incoming transfer Connor Bazelak (Missouri). Bazelak went down with injury and Tuttle got a start before he was hurt again.

It's unfair to characterize Tuttle as injury prone. He has arm talent but his offensive line has been dreadful 2031-present. That being said, he hasn't really improved and he isn't particularly mobile. If he was more accurate or had a stronger arm he might have a chance but I'm inclined to believe there will be higher upside options in the portal.

I'm an IU football fan and have always been hopeful for Tuttle to get his chance and flourish but it just hasn't come to pass. Great teammate too, elected captain this season. He announced mid-season he'd enter the portal but stayed with the team through the season for his teammates.

He started the Penn State game.
by usaf_irish  (2022-11-28 13:31:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pretty pedestrian looking QB. But that's with IU's roster.

that site is slow to update
by jt  (2022-11-28 11:41:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but you can't really blame them; guys are declaring for the portal and/or entering it at huge numbers right now.

We'll see where things fall.

Where did your spawn end up? *
by ACross  (2022-11-28 12:29:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder if Shea Patterson shows up there soon *
by GoldenBlues  (2022-11-28 11:29:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think you mean Cade McNamara. *
by smcdermo  (2022-11-28 11:42:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, whoever it is. What year is it again ?? *
by GoldenBlues  (2022-11-28 12:36:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm guessing he'd wait until after the playoff *
by cabnd00  (2022-11-28 12:23:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's listed now *
by dweglick  (2022-11-28 12:38:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guessed wrong *
by cabnd00  (2022-11-28 13:29:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe Tate Forcier? *
by graNDfan  (2022-11-28 12:10:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hennething is possible. *
by flanner96  (2022-11-28 15:39:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice *
by RallyingSon  (2022-11-29 08:39:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is Taint Martell out of eligibility? *
by Tex Francisco  (2022-11-28 12:56:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Announced his retirement" last summer I believe. *
by Ryno  (2022-11-28 18:22:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Drew Henson would be a nice pinch hitter. *
by irpa  (2022-11-28 12:54:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They've got a backup buried on the depth chart
by TheCouncil  (2022-11-28 13:58:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kid by the name of Brady.