Heard that about Junior
by Jvan (2022-11-28 14:32:08)

In reply to: Keon Keeley would have really changed the outlook here  posted by irishaddict

He seems too stiff for the position. A great pass rusher needs to be flexible. Even Foskey wasn’t ideal.

I always thought that about
by Twinkie the Kid  (2022-11-28 15:08:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ishaq Williams.

He was highly touted out of high school, but from what I could tell with my untrained eye, he played a bit stiff. I wonder if he could've eaten his way into a SDE under Diaco's 3-4 scheme (though it would've been hard to overtake Tuitt as a starter).

Yeah, it was more true about Ishaq
by Jvan  (2022-11-28 15:25:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If only he could have had a career like Foskey’s.

Good point. What % of time did they have Foskey stand up?
by irishaddict  (2022-11-28 14:37:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have not charted it by any means, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was almost 50% of the time. Based on how they have recruited the position, I wonder if they want to have the Vyper play more like a 3-4 outside LB than a traditional DE anyways. Goes to your point regarding size of the prospects in the pipeline that have yet to see the field.